Ruth G. Smith
March 31, 1932 – July 3, 2018
Cary, IL – Services celebrating the life of Ruth G. Smith will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at Hill Crest Memorial Chapel in Haughton, LA with Brother Billy Pierce officiating. The family will receive friends at 1:00 p.m., prior to the service. Interment will follow at Hill Crest Memorial Park.
Ruth G. Smith was born March 31, 1932 in Rives, Missouri. She went to her heavenly father on Tuesday, July 3, 2018. She was one of two children born to Ruel and Gladys Burkett (both deceased). Ruth was an entrepreneur at heart. After she and her husband, Arthur L. Smith (deceased), moved to Bossier City, Louisiana, she started a successful real estate and management company, a bridal shop, and in later years a tea room. She not only ran these businesses but also raised three children. If she saw a need, she made it happen especially where her family was concerned. Ruth and Arthur moved to Clarksville, Tennessee, to be near her youngest daughter and two grandchildren. After fifteen years in Tennessee, they moved back to Bossier City to be near her son and grandchildren. Ruth was a member of the Cypress Baptist Church prior to moving to Cary, Illinois to spend her remaining years with her oldest daughter and her family. Ruth was blessed with a long life filled with many experiences and a large loving family! Most importantly, her loving family was blessed with her caring and loving spirit; and the knowledge that you can do what you choose to do!
Ruth recently lost her loving and loyal husband of 66 years, Arthur L. Smith; she is survived by her children, Angela (Steve) Hicks, Brian (Debbie) Smith, and Cecilia Coker; eight grandchildren, Miranda (Justin) Arendt, Amber (Ciprian) Socaciu, Russell (Melanie) Hicks, Callie Coker (Kyle Price), Claire Coker (Jack Frisque), Amelia Smith, Austin Smith, and Tracy Valentine; nine great grandchildren, Gabrielle (Mike) Flaschberger, Gillian Arendt, Gracee Arendt, Savanna Socaciu, Neo Socaciu, Lucas Hicks, Levi Hicks, Wyatt Price, and Christian (Melissa) Valentine; nieces Patricia (Bob) Thompson and Sherry Butteau; nephew Scott Burkett as well as many grand nieces and nephews. She was also predeceased by her parents, Ruel E. Burkett, Sr. and Gladys Burkett; and her brother, Ruel E. Burkett, Jr.
Condolences may be shared and the guestbook signed online at www.hillcrestmemorialfh.com
- Ruel and Gladys Burkett, Parents
- Arthur L. Smith, Husband
- Ruel E. Burkett, Sr., Brother
- Angela Hicks and husband Steve, Daughter
- Brian Smith and wife Debbie, Son
- Cecilia Coker, Daughter
- Miranda Arendt and husband Justin, Grandchild
- Amber Socaciu and husband Ciprian, Grandchild
- Russell Hicks and wife Melanie, Grandchild
- Callie Coker and Kyle Price, Grandchild
- Claire Coker and Jack Frisque, Grandchild
- Amelia Smith, Grandchild
- Austin Smith, Grandchild
- Tracy Valentine, Grandchild
- As well as nine great grandchildren, Gabrielle (Mike) Flaschberger, Gillian Arendt, Gracee Arendt, Savanna Socaciu, Neo Socaciu, Lucas Hicks, Levi Hicks, Wyatt Price, and Christian (Melissa) Valentine; nieces Patricia (Bob) Thompson and Sherry Butteau; nephew Scott Burkett as well as many grand nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Tuesday, July 10, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Ruth G. Smith
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
July 8, 2018
Sorry .for your loss .Your mom was a real help to me when my husband died. She helped me through some tiugh places. Your cousin Sherry Bettuo ( Burkett ).