Stella V. Harris
March 3, 1929 – December 1, 2019
Stella V. Harris was born in Powhatan, LA to the late Henry and May Strogen on March 3, 1929.
Stella received her education within the Elm Grove Public School System. She was a member of Bossier Baptist Church until her health failed.
On Sunday, December 1, 2019, Stella departed this life after a brief illness at home. She was preceded in death by her husband of 52 years, Andson Harris, Sr.; son, Andson Harris, Jr.; daughter, Annie Pearl Cooper; three brothers, Jessie Strogen, William Strogen, and James Strogen; and five sisters, Cora L. Rainey, Melvenia Ealy, Lettie S. Brown, Ethel S. Williams, and Naomi S. Watson.
She is survived by two sons, William Wayne Harris and Willie James Harris (Shereta), both of Bossier City, LA; daughter, Dorothy Bell of Bossier City; sister, Ola Strogen Oliver of Shreveport, LA; 35 grandchildren and special grandson, Derrick A. Haynes, Sr.; and three great-grandchildren, Tanerricka Player, Derrick A. Haynes, Jr., and Triece Barne, all of Bossier City; and a host of nieces, nephews, and many other special relatives and friends.
The family gratefully appreciates all the acts of kindness shown to them. A special thanks goes to Southern Care Hospice, Raushundra Beene, RN, and Desiree Lee, CNA.
Visitation will be held from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2019 at Hill Crest Chapel with a memorial service following at 6:00 p.m.
- Andson Harris, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Andson Harris, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Annie Pearl Cooper, Daughter (deceased)
- Jessie Strogen, Brother (deceased)
- William Strogen, Brother (deceased)
- James Strogen, Brother (deceased)
- Cora L. Rainey, Sister (deceased)
- Melvenia Ealy, Sister (deceased)
- Lettie S. Brown, Sister (deceased)
- Ethel S. Williams, Sister (deceased)
- Naomi S. Watson, Sister (deceased)
- William Wayne Harris, Son
- Willie James Harris (Shereta), Son
- Dorothy Bell, Daughter
- Ola Strogen Oliver, Sister
- Derrick A. Haynes, Sr., Special Grandson
- Tanerricka Player, Great Grandchild
- Derrick A. Haynes, Jr., Great Grandchild
- Triece Barne, Great Grandchild
- She is also survived by 35 grandchildren and a host of nieces, nephews, and many other special relatives and friends.
- Memorial Visitation Friday, December 6, 2019
- Memorial Service Friday, December 6, 2019