Barbara Ann Fuquay
April 24, 1934 – February 8, 2019
Barbara Harris Fuquay, 85 passed away peacefully on Friday, February 8, 2019 at Graybrier Nursing & Rehabilitation Center where she had been a resident for the past year.
Barbara was born on April 24, 1934 in Asheboro, North Carolina and was the second of four children. She was a devoted mother and grandmother, who cherished the time spent with her family. She was quick witted and always had a joke or story to bring smiles and laughter to everyone around her.
Barbara was predeceased by her parents Wilmer and Carolyn Harris; her daughter Debra Fuquay Dennis and her brother Jimmy Harris.
She is survived by her daughter, Valinda Fuquay Allred (David), her son Michael Kenneth Fuquay; her brother, Gary Lee Harris (Joanne); her sister Cecilia J. Moore; 4 grandchildren, Cristina M. Dennis, Michael A. Fuquay, Angela D. Fuquay, Justin L. Allred; 5 great grandchildren, Leah, Christopher, Dylan, Cierra, & Aiden.
A celebration of life service will be held at 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at Davis Funeral Home, 976 Phillips Avenue, High Point, North Carolina 27262 with Mr. Charles Swaim officiating. The family will receive friends immediately following the service. The family would also like to thank the staff of Graybrier and to Kim Nguyen for their compassionate care of “Mom” during the past year.
- Wilmer & Carolyn Harris, Parents
- Debra Fuquay Dennis, Daughter
- Valinda Fuquay Allred & husband David, Daughter
- Michael Kenneth Fuquay, Son
- Cristina M. Dennis, Granddaughter
- Angela D. Fuquay, Granddaughter
- Michael A. Fuquay, Grandson
- Justin L. Allred, Grandson
- Cecilia J. Moore, Sister
- Jimmy Harris, Brother
- Gary Lee Harris & wife Joanne, Brother
- Mrs. Fuquay is also survived by 5 great-grandchildren, Leah, Christopher, Dylan, Cierra, & Aiden.
- Celebration of Life Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Visitation/Catered Reception Wednesday, February 13, 2019