Donald "Don" Lee Livengood
December 22, 1939 – October 31, 2018
High Point- Donald “Don” Lee Livengood, 78, passed away October 31, 2018, at Westchester Manor.
Don was born in Winston-Salem on December 22, 1939, to the late Harrison and Annie Livengood. Don proudly served in the United States Air Force for four years. On October 25, 1962, Don married Martha “Marty” Nixon. Don was a longtime member of Abbotts Creek Missionary Baptist Church, joining in 1964. As an active church member throughout the years Don served as a deacon of the church, was a choir member and a RA Leader. In 2002, Don retired from the Merita Bread Company after working for them for 36 years.
His parents and grandson PFC Ivan Rowe preceded him in death.
Don is survived by his loving wife, Marty Livengood; son, Michael Livengood (Jane); daughter, Tammy Rowe (David); grandchildren, Beth Livengood Butcher (Ralph), Catherine “Catt” Livengood, Jennifer Rowe, Rebecca Rowe and Melissa Rowe; great-granddaughter, Amariana Little; brothers Bill Livengood (Nancy) and Dewey Livengood (Doris); sisters, Trudy Kinney (Carey) and Janet Kelley (Richard) and several nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will be held at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, at Abbotts Creek Missionary Baptist Church in High Point with the Rev. Mark Hollar and Rev. Roy Cantrell officiating. Interment will follow at the church cemetery. The family will receive friends on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM at Sechrest Funeral Service of High Point.
Sechrest Funeral Service of High Point is honored to serve the Livengood family. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared with the Livengood family at www.SechrestFunerals.com.
- William Harrison Livengood, Father
- Annie Livengood, Mother
- Marty Livengood, Wife
- Michael Livengood and wife Jane, Son
- Tammy Rowe and husband David, Daughter
- PFC Ivan Rowe, Grandson
- Beth Livengood Butcher and husband Ralph, Granddaughter
- Catharine "Cat" Livengood, Granddaughter
- Jennifer Rowe, Granddaughter
- Rebecca Rowe, Granddaughter
- Melissa Rowe, Granddaughter
- Amariana Little, Great Granddaughter
- Bill Livengood and wife Nancy, Brother
- Dewey Livengood and wife Doris, Brother
- Trudy Kinney and husband Carey, Sister
- Janet Kelly and husband Richard, Sister
- Visitation and Reception Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Donald "Don" Lee Livengood
Linda and Bobby Hedrick
November 6, 2018
There's was a wonderful love story of two people who were meant for each other, totally devoted to one another their whole married lives. Who could ask for more!
Love and sympathy to you Marty and your family.