Margaret Louise Whitfield
June 6, 1929 – January 25, 2020
Mrs. Margaret Louise Whitfield, 90, passed away Saturday, January 25, 2020 at the Hospice Home at High Point.
Mrs. Whitfield was born in High Point, June 6, 1929, a daughter of the late Roy Scearce and Allie May Small Scearce. She retired from Design Concepts and previously worked with Acme Sample. Margaret sang with Sheppard's Helpers for many years and enjoyed painting and reading. She was preceded in death by her husband, Hollis Lee Whitfield; a brother, Roy Scearce, Jr. and a sister, Gloria Jean Scearce.
Surviving are her daughter, Debbie Moss and her husband Johnny; a son, Jerry Whitfield and his wife Debbie; two sisters, Vickey Tysinger and her husband Jimmy and Linda Tucker and her husband Aaron; two grandsons, Jason Moss and Brian Moncus and his wife Phouvilaly; and two great-grandchildren, Megan Moncus and Ethan Moncus.
A Celebration of Margaret's life will be held Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the Davis Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in Floral Garden Park Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home Tuesday from 1 until 2 p.m.
- Roy & Allie May Small Scearce, Parents
- Hollis Lee Whitfield, Husband
- Debbie Moss & husband Johnny, Daughter
- Jerry Whitfield & wife Debbie, Son
- Gloria Jean Scearce, Sister
- Vickey Tysinger & husband Jimmy, Sister
- Linda Tucker & husband Aaron, Sister
- Roy Scearce, Jr., Brother
- Jason Moss, Grandson
- Brian Moncus & wife Phouvilaly, Grandson
- Megan Moncus, Great-granddaughter
- Ethan Moncus, Great-grandson
- Brian Moncus
- Ethan Moncus
- Jason Moss
- Ralph Moss
- Randy Tucker
- Jerry Whitfield
- Visitation Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Celebration of Life Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Interment Tuesday, January 28, 2020