Ruth Elizabeth Duggins Swaim
September 11, 1923 – September 13, 2019
Ruth Elizabeth Duggins Swaim, 96, went to be with her Lord Friday, September 13, 2019 at Brookdale High Point North.
Ruth was born in High Point, September 11, 1923, a daughter of the late Claude and Mamie Myers Wright. She retired from Swaim, Inc. after many years of loyal service. Ruth was a wonderful cook and enjoyed working in her yard. She was a longtime member of Hopewell United Methodist Church. Ruth was preceded in death by her husbands, Major George Duggins and Glenn Swaim; her son, Larry Duggins and six siblings.
Surviving are a daughter, Kay Albertson and her husband Bill and a granddaughter, Angela Albertson.
A Celebration of Ruth's life will be held Monday at 12 noon in the Davis Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in Floral Garden Park Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home Monday from 11 a.m. until the service. Memorials may be directed to Hospice of the Piedmont. Online condolences may be made at davisfuneralsandcremations.com.
- Claude & Mamie Myers Wright, Parents (deceased)
- Major George Duggins, Husband (deceased)
- Glenn Swaim, Husband (deceased)
- Kay Albertson & husband Bill, Daughter
- Larry Duggins, Son (deceased)
- Angela Albertson, Granddaughter
- Mrs. Swaim was also predeceased by six siblings.
Hospice of the Piedmont
1801 Westchester Drive, High Point, North Carolina 27262
- Visitation Monday, September 16, 2019
- Celebration of Life Monday, September 16, 2019