Wanda Gail Spicer
July 18, 1952 – November 30, 2018
Wanda Wright Spicer, 62, went to meet her Lord Friday, November 30, 2018 at her residence with her loved ones by her side.
Wanda was born in Guilford County, July 18, 1956, a daughter of Carl Venson Wright and Minnie Taylor Wright. She retired from the Davidson County School system after 28 years of service. Wanda was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and daughter. She was active in the Cub Scouts for several years and enjoyed working in her yard and being with her family. Wanda was a faithful member of Charity Baptist Church in Archdale. She was preceded in death by her father, brother, Jimmy C. Wright and former husband, Gilbert F. Nalley.
Surviving are her husband, James S. Spicer; a daughter, Amy Rivenbark and fiancé Josh Reynolds; four sons, Michael Stephens and wife Lisa, Jamie Spicer, Joey Spicer and fiancé Tammy Hodges and Lucas Spicer; a brother, Joe Wright; her mother, Minnie Wright; 6 grandchildren, Brittany, Michael Scott, Michael Jr., Aliyah, Zach, and Joshua,and 3 great-grandchildren Madalyn, Bentley and Hadlee; two loving dogs, Buster and Precious and her bird, Sweetie Pie.
A Celebration of Wanda's life will be held Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 6 p.m. in Charity Baptist Church by Pastor Elton Wilborne. The family will receive friends following the service. Memorials may be directed to the American Cancer Society. Online condolences may be made at davisfuneralsandcremations.com.
- Carl Venson Wright, Father
- Minnie Taylor Wright, Mother
- Jimmy C. Wright, Brother
- Gilbert F. Nalley, Former husband
- James S. Spicer, Husband
- Amy Rivenbark & fiance Josh Reynolds, Daughter
- Michael Stephens & wife Lisa, Son
- Jamie Spicer, Son
- Joey Spicer & fiance Tammy Hodges, Son
- Lucas Spicer, Son
- Joe Wright, Brother
- Mrs. Spicer was also survived by 6 grandchildren, Brittany, Michael Scott, Michael Jr., Aliyah, Zach, and Joshua, and 3 great-grandchildren Madalyn, Bentley, and Hadlee; two loving dogs, Buster & Precious and her bird Sweetie Pie.
- American Cancer Society
- Celebration of Life Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Visitation Tuesday, December 4, 2018