Eugene Ira Watson Jr.
June 27, 1945 – May 10, 2019
Eugene I. Watson, Jr., 73, of Homosassa, FL, passed away on Fri., May 10, 2019 at his home. A native of Tampa, FL, but a lifelong resident of Citrus County, he was born June 27, 1945, the only child to Eugene Sr. and Agnes (Goodman) Watson. Eugene served his country honorably and proudly in the United States Army and was a welder by profession for the former Brooksville Rock, Inc., Brooksville, FL. Eugene was a member of New Hope Baptist Church of Homosassa and was a lifelong hunter. He is survived by his beloved wife of 50 years, Linda Watson of Homosassa; daughter Michelle Watson-Philman, also of Homosassa; grandson Robert Eugene Herr, Homosassa; granddaughter Heather Breanna Winburn, Crystal River, FL and Kristy Linn Winburn, Homosassa; great granddaughter Kayla Belle Revels, Homosassa and two more great granddaughters that are on the way; Kiana Winburn and Adaleigh Lauderdale. A Celebration of Life for Eugene will be held on Wed., May 15, 2019 at 3:00 P.M. from Wilder Funeral Home, Homosassa with Rev. Zeb McDarius officiating. Interment will follow with military honors at Fountains Memorial Park, Homosassa. Friends will be received at Wilder Funeral Home from 2:00 P.M. until time of service. www.wilderfuneral.com
- Eugene Ira Watson Sr., Father
- Agnes Goodman, Mother
- Linda Watson, Loving wife of 50 years, Homosassa, FL
- Michelle Watson-Philman, Daughter, Homosassa, FL
- Robert Eugene Herr, Grandson, Homosassa, FL
- Heather Breanne Winburn, Granddaughter, Crystal River, FL
- Kristy Linn Winburn, Granddaughter, Homosassa, FL
- Kayla Belle Revels, Great granddaughter, Homosassa
- Kiana Winburn, Great granddaughter soon to be born
- Adaleigh Lauderdale, Great granddaughter soon to be born
- Friends Will Be Received Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Celebration of Life Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Interment With Military Honors Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Eugene Ira Watson Jr.
Crissy West Brown
May 17, 2019
I love you Linda and Michelle!! I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it! I love you both and you are in my thoughts and prayers!!
Mary browns baby girl! Xoxo
May 14, 2019
Dear Michelle and Family,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. He must have been a wonderful man and father to have such a wonderful daughter and family! My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. May God watch over you and keep you in his comforting arms!