Ruth Ann Horace
August 17, 1948 – June 6, 2018
Ruth Ann Horace, 69, of Lecanto, FL, passed away suddenly on Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA, while visiting her husband who was working in Plymouth, MA. A native of Newport News, VA, Ruth was born August 17, 1948, to William Andrew and Annie Ruth (Bedsaul) Reece. One of four children, Ruth moved to Lecanto in 1994 from Barnwell, SC and was a full time faithful and devoted member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Lecanto Ward, for 24 years, but actually began her membership there in 1978. Ruth’s main passion in her life was always her family. She was especially active in her children’s school life as they were growing up, supporting their activities in Future Farmers of America, 4H Club, school sports, band, and church. In her younger days, she helped support the family through various employment opportunities, including substitute teaching; as a certified nursing assistant at Citrus Memorial Hospital, Inverness, and Surrey Place, Lecanto, as well as working for Dow Chemical Company. In addition to her parents, Ruth was preceded in death by a son, Jonathan Michael Horace on July 1, 2005, and a brother, Garland Dale Reece, in 2001. She is survived by her husband of over 48 years, Harry S. Horace, Jr., Lecanto, FL; daughter Amy Michelle Horace-Sanders. Lecanto, FL; daughter Sheri Ann Frickey (husband Douglas), Dothan, AL; daughter Sandra Ruth Horace, Lecanto, FL; and, daughter Kimberly Gladys Peacock (husband Michael), Chiefland, FL; brother William D. Reece (wife Vicki), McCammon, Idaho; sister Mary Kathleen Burke (husband Charles), Lecanto, FL; and, grandchildren Elaina, Benjamin, Jayna, Aurora, Amadea, Jace, Tyke, Kylie, Lily and Cord. Family will be received on Friday, June 15, 2018, from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. at Wilder Funeral Home, Homosassa, FL. Friends will be received on Friday, June 15, 2018, from 7:00 to 8:00 P.M. at the same location. Funeral Service will take place on Saturday, June 16, 2018, at 1:00 P.M. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Lecanto Ward, 3474 W. Southern St., Lecanto, FL 34461, with Bishop Jerry Campbell officiating. Friends will also be received on Saturday at church from 12:00 noon until service time. Dedication of the grave and interment follows at Stage Stand Cemetery, Homosassa Springs, FL. www.wilderfuneral.com
- William Andrew Reece Jr., Father
- Annie Ruth Bedsaul, Mother
- Jonathan Michael Horace, Late son, who passed July 1, 2005
- Garland Dale Reece, Late brother, who passed in 2001
- Harry S. Horace Jr., Loving husband of over 48 years, Lecanto, FL
- Amy Michelle Horace-Sanders, Daughter of Lecanto, FL
- Sheri Ann Frickey, Daughter of Dothan, AL
- Douglas Frickey, Son-in-law of Dothan, AL
- Sandra Ruth Horace, Daughter of Lecanto, FL
- Kimberly Gladys Peacock, Daughter of Chiefland, FL
- Michael Peacock, Son-in-law of Chiefland, FL
- William D. Reece, Brother of McCammon, Idaho
- Vicki Reece, Sister-in-law of McCammon, Idaho
- Mary Kathleen Burke, Sister of Lecanto, FL
- Charles Burke, Brother-in-law of Lecanto, FL
- Ruth is also the proud grandmother of Elaina, Benjamin, Jayna, Aurora, Amadea, Jace, Tyke, Kylie, Lily and Cord
- Friends Will Be Received Friday, June 15, 2018
- Friends Will Be Received Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Interment and Graveside Dedication Saturday, June 16, 2018
Ruth Ann Horace
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
June 13, 2018
Sorry for your loss, peace, comfort,love & prayers to all.....
June 11, 2018
Although I was not always serving in the Young Women's organization of our church, I somehow managed to be there for every one of Ruth's daughters and two of her granddaughters. I believe we heard every one of their "short mama" jokes. I will miss my "short mama" friend, and send my love to her sweet girls and their dad.
June 11, 2018
Ruth Ann & I grew up together in Newport News and shared our wonderful, fun, & loving grandparents, Mom & Pop Reece. We had fun times playing with all our cousins and sharing big Holiday dinners at our grandparents home. Rest In Peace dear cousin. From your cousins in Newport News.
Brenda, Doti, Jack, Susie, Robbie, Bob, and Ann
June 10, 2018
I grew up with the Reece family in Newport News, VA. All wonderful people. My prayers and thoughts go out to her family. Kathy if I can help you in any way please let me know.
June 9, 2018
I served in the library at church with Ruth. She and I would read LDS novels while serving there. We both love Anita Stansfield's book. We would trade back and forth to read and discuss our books. We had our own book club in that library. She truly was my angel when we were living in the Lecanto ward.