Arthur Ray Hughes
November 12, 1938 – April 11, 2019
Arthur Hughes, 80, of Royal passed away Thursday, April 11th, 2019 at his home. He was born November 12th, 1938 in Mt. Pine, Arkansas to Arthur E. and Eva Hughes. As a believer in Jesus Christ, he is now a resident of Heaven!
Art was a very loving husband, father, grandfather, and friend to many. If you needed something fixed, you just called Art! He held a class A HVAC license, gas fitter license, and was a journeyman electrician. He retired from Kaufman Electric with 45 years of service. He enjoyed hunting and fishing, and was a member of the Ouachita Bass Club and Knight Hunting Club. He was a member of Royal Baptist Church and will be missed dearly.
In addition to his parents he is preceded in death by his sister, Edna Lowe. Cherishing his memory are his wife of 60 years, Katherine Thornton Hughes; children, Beth Irwin, Jan Irwin (Vince), Mendel Hughes (Stephanie), and Kelvin Hughes (Stacey); brother, Charles Hughes; seven grandchildren, Alisha Irwin, Kayla Higgins, Drew Irwin, Justin Irwin, Peyton Hughes, Hunter Hughes, and Zach Hughes; five great-grandchildren; and his fuzzy best friend, Teddy.
Serving as pallbearers are Zach Hughes, Peyton Hughes, Hunter Hughes, Justin Irwin, Drew Irwin, and Vince Irwin.
Honorary pallbearers are Fred Fallis, Stanley McCaslin, Roger Thornton, Howard Thornton, Doyle Moore, Micky Vincent, Dr. Randy Hill, Dr. Rajesh Shroff, and the Patty’s Thursday morning breakfast crew.
Funeral services will be 3:00 PM, Sunday April 14th, 2019 in the chapel of Gross Funeral Home with Revs. Brian Moore and George Lynch officiating. Interment will follow at Lowe Cemetery.
Visitation will be one hour prior to the service.
- Katherine Hughes, Wife
- Beth Irwin, Daughter
- Jan Irwin, Daughter
- Mendel Hughes, Son
- Kelvin Hughes, Son
- Charles Hughes, Brother
- Arthur E. Hughes, Father
- Eva Hughes, Mother
- Arthur also leaves to cherish his memory seven grandchildren, Alisha Irwin, Kayla Higgins, Drew Irwin, Justin Irwin, Peyton Hughes, Hunter Hughes, and Zach Hughes; five great-grandchildren; and his fuzzy best friend, Teddy.
- Zach Hughes, Pallbearer
- Peyton Hughes, Pallbearer
- Hunter Hughes, Pallbearer
- Justin Irwin , Pallbearer
- Drew Irwin, Pallbearer
- Vince Irwin., Pallbearer
- Fred Fallis, Honorary Pallbearer
- Stanley McCaslin, Honorary Pallbearer
- Roger Thornton, Honourary Pallbearer
- Howard Thornton, Honorary Pallbearer
- Doyle Moore, Honorary Pallbearer
- Micky Vincent, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dr. Randy Hill, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dr. Rajesh Shroff, Honorary Pallbearer
- The Patty’s Thursday Morning Breakfast Crew., Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Sunday, April 14, 2019
Arthur Ray Hughes
Karen Kaufman Wacaster
April 13, 2019
Sorry to hear about your loss. Arthur worked for my dad who died a year ago and my father thought highly of him. Praying for comfort.
April 12, 2019
Beth and family, I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this difficult time.