Margaret Ann McGrew
January 31, 1924 – May 10, 2018
Margaret Ann McGrew, 94, of Hot Springs, Arkansas, passed away Thursday, May 10, 2018.
She was born January 31, 1924 in Van Buren, Arkansas to the late Lee & Lillie (Meek) Zuber. Margaret was a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church. She was also a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, United States Daughters of 1812, National Society Sons & Daughters of the Pilgrims, United Daughters of the Confederacy, National Society Colonial Dames 17th Century, National Society of Dames of the Court of Honor, Continental Society Daughters of Indian Wars, a 62 year member of the Order of the Easter Star, Cameo Society and former Regent John Percifull Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (serving 1985-1987 & 1989-1991).
She is preceded in death by her husband Sterling A. McGrew.
Survivors include her daughter Judy Coleman (Tracy); grandchildren Mark L. Coleman (Shanna) and Tom W. Coleman (Paige); 5 great grandchildren Sterling, Porter, Harper, Keaton & Silas Coleman; nephews Randy McGrew (Cynthia), Richard McGrew (Debbie) and a niece Marilyn McGrew.
Pallbearers are Randy McGrew, Richard McGrew, Nick McGrew, Jonathan McGrew, Mark Coleman and Tom Coleman.
Honorary Pallbearers are Ronald & Donna Owens, Merrilyn Mann, Members of John Percifull Chapter DAR, Chris McGrew, Doyle & Ellene McGrew, Jerry McGrew, Gary McGrew.
Visitation will be 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Sunday at Gross Funeral Home. Graveside service will be 10:00 am Monday at Godwin Cemetery. A memorial celebration will be 2:00 pm Monday at Westminster Presbyterian Church with a reception to follow.
The family wishes to extend a special thank you to Arkansas Hospice.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Westminster Presbyterian Church, 3819 Central Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71913.
- Judy & her husband Tracy Coleman, Daughter
- Mark L. & his wife Shanna Coleman, Grandchild
- Tom W. & Paige Coleman, Grandchild
- Sterling McGrew, Great Grandchild
- Porter McGrew, Great Grandchild
- Harper Coleman, Great Grandchild
- Keaton Coleman, Great Grandchild
- Silas Coleman, Great Grandchild
- Randy & his wife Cynthia McGrew, Nephew
- Richard & his wife Debbie McGrew, Nephew
- Marilyn McGrew, Niece
- Sterling A. McGrew, Husband
- Lee Zuber, Father
- Lillie Zuber, Mother
- Randy McGrew, Active Pallbearer
- Richard McGrew, Active Pallbearer
- Nick McGrew, Active Pallbearer
- Jonathan McGrew, Active Pallbearer
- Mark Coleman, Active Pallbearer
- Tom Coleman, Active Pallbearer
- Ronald & Donna Owens, Honorary Pallbearer
- Merrilyn Mann, Honorary Pallbearer
- Members of John Percifull Chapter DAR, Honorary Pallbearer
- Chris McGrew, Honorary Pallbearer
- Doyle & Ellene McGrew, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jerry McGrew, Honorary Pallbearer
- Gary McGrew, Honorary Pallbearer
- Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Graveside Service Monday, May 14, 2018
- Memorial Celebration Monday, May 14, 2018
Margaret Ann McGrew
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
May 13, 2018
Margaret was always so kind to me when our paths crossed at various places. She always had a ready smile and a kiss on the cheek for me. I will miss her!