MILDRED JEANETT SORRELL
August 27, 1925 – February 8, 2020
Mildred Jeanett Sorrell
Mildred Jeanett Sorrell, 94 of Pearcy, Arkansas, passed away Saturday, February 8, 2020.
Mildred was born August 27, 1925 in Hot Springs, Arkansas to the late Benjamin Franklin & Lecie Violia (Moore) Tankersley. She was a homemaker and a member of Oma Community Church. In 1942 she married the love of her life, J.W. Sorrell and were happily married for 46 years, until his death in 1988. Mildred is also preceded in death by two sons, Clifton & Clinton Sorrell; son-in-law Steve Terry; four brothers and five sisters.
Survivors include her children Carolyn Priddy (Danny), Delores Terry and Ricky Sorrell (Lou); daughter-in-law Margie Sorrell; brother Harold Tankersley; sister Rachel Moore; brother-in-law Jack Sorrell; sisters-in-law Mabel Sorrell, Rachel Heffernan and Betty Tankersley; grandchildren Tina Sanders (Larry), Penny Jackson (Brian), Tony Caldwell (Tammy), Todd Priddy (Amy), Paul Sorrell (Chrissy), Tonya Brown (Tim), Kim Edwards, Traci Long (Heath), Danna Rhodes (Russ) & Matt Sorrell; step-grandchildren Karen Terry and Greg Terry (Deanna); 19 Great-Grandchildren and 6 Great-Great-Grandchildren.
Pallbearers are, Tony Caldwell, Todd Priddy, Paul Sorrell, Matt Sorrell, Larry Sanders and Russ Rhodes. Honorary Pallbearers are Dr. James Humphreys and Dean Stafford.
Funeral service will be 2:00 pm Thursday, at Gross Funeral Home Chapel with a visitation beginning at 1:00 pm. Officiating the service will be Bro. Gary Jones and Brian Jackson. Burial will follow at Mount Tabor Cemetery near Glenwood.
The family wishes to extend a special thank you to the staff and her friends at Lake Hamilton Health and Rehab
- Carolyn Priddy (Danny), Daughter
- Delores Terry, Daughter
- Ricky Sorrell (Lou), Son
- Margie Sorrell, Daughter-in-law
- Harold Tankersley, Brother
- Rachel Moore, Sister
- Jack Sorrell, Brother-in-law
- Mabel Sorrell, Sister-in-law
- Rachel Heffernan, Sister-in-law
- Betty Tankersley, Sister-in-law
- J.W. Sorrell, Husband (deceased)
- Clifton Sorrell, Son (deceased)
- Clinton Sorrell, Son (deceased)
- Steve Terry, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Benjamin Franklin Tankersley, Father (deceased)
- Lecie Violia (Moore) Tankersley, Mother (deceased)
- Mildred also leaves to cherish her memory grandchildren Tina Sanders (Larry), Penny Jackson (Brian), Tony Caldwell (Tammy), Todd Priddy (Amy), Paul Sorrell (Chrissy), Tonya Brown (Tim), Kim Edwards, Traci Long (Heath), Danna Rhodes (Russ)&Matt Sorrell; step-grandchildrenKaren Terry and Greg Terry (Deanna); 19 Great-Grandchildren and 6 Great-Great-Grandchildren.
- Tony Caldwell, Pallbearer
- Todd Priddy, Pallbearer
- Paul Sorrell, Pallbearer
- Matt Sorrell, Pallbearer
- Larry Sanders, Pallbearer
- Russ Rhodes, Pallbearer
- Dr. James Humphreys, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dean Stafford, Honorary Pallbearer
- Funeral Service Thursday, February 13, 2020