Agosto R. Sanchez
February 27, 1934 – April 11, 2018
Agosto R. Sanchez Jr. passed away on April 11, 2018. He was born on February 27, 1934 in Kerrville, Texas to parents, Luisa and Agosto Sanchez Sr. Gus was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Sara Sanchez; brother, Elias R. Sanchez and wife Pauline. He is survived by his loving son, Rojelio Alaniz and wife Rachel; four grandchildren, Ray Hector Alaniz, Michael Alaniz, Celeste Gonzales, Alfredo Gonzales Jr.; eight great grandchildren, Roy Alaniz, Aaron Alaniz, Megan Alaniz, Nicholas Alaniz, Anthony Alaniz, Gavin Curnutt, Michael Vasquez, Brittany Gomez; nephew, Elais Sanchez Jr.; two nieces, Sylvia Sanchez, Olga Navarro; as well as numerous friends and other family members.
The family will receive friends for a visitation on Sunday, April 15, 2018 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM with a rosary at 7:00 PM; and a funeral service on Monday, April 16, 2018 at 10:00 AM in the Family Chapel at Brookside Funeral Home; with a burial to follow at Brookside Memorial Park and Cemetery, 13747 Eastex Freeway, Houston, Texas 77055.
- Rojelio Alaniz and wife Rachel, Son
- Ray Hector Alaniz, Michael Alaniz, Celeste Gonzales, Alfredo Gonzales Jr., Grandchildren
- Roy Alaniz, Aaron Alaniz, Meagan Alaniz, Nicholas Alaniz, Anthony Alaniz, Gavin Curnutt, Michael Vasquez, Brittany Gomez, Great-Grandchildren
- Elais Sanchez Jr., Nephew
- Sylvia Sanchez, Niece
- Olga Navarro, Niece
- Agosto Sanchez Sr., Father
- Luisa Sanchez, Mother
- Sara Sanchez, Wife
- Elias R. Sanchez and wife Pauline, Brother
- Agosto R. Sanchez also leaves behind to cherish his memory numerous friends and other family members.
- Visitation Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Rosary Service Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, April 16, 2018
- Committal Service Monday, April 16, 2018
Agosto R. Sanchez
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Nelda Dimery (Rodriguez)
April 17, 2018
My prayers to Carnera's loved ones. I last saw him and Sara in '05 at Aunt Rosa's funeral in Kerrville. May he now be reunited with his family who have passed on before him.
Robert Guerrero Puig
April 15, 2018
I recall Gus Sanchez from his many visits to our grandmother Petra Ayala Sanchez in Kerrville, Texas.
Over many years, Gus...we use to call him " Carnera" , and I would call each other over the telephone. We saw each other at the Sanchez Reunions in 1978 and again in 2002 in Kerrville. Gus was very interested in Family genealogy. In 2003 he went to visit our Puig Cousins in Hebbronville and Riveira, Texas. He was happy that I had changed my last Name to Puig.
I lost contact with Gus after the hurricane last year and was not able to communicate with him. He lived alone after his wife Sara's Death. He was a very loving and kind man. He loved his family and his friends. I will miss and I know he is now in Heaven with his father Augusto Ayala Sanchez and his Mother Louisa Loya Rodriguez. Rest in Peace Primo.