Betty Joan Campbell
August 15, 1934 – March 23, 2018
Betty Joan Campbell, age 83, of Porter, Texas passed away on Friday March 23, 2018. Betty was born August 15, 1934, in Huntsville, Texas. She married Hilton E. Campbell, Sr. in 1948. Betty retired from the U.S. Postal Service. Her passions were family, art and music, she loved the Lord. Betty attended Key Life Fellowship in New Caney, Texas.
Betty is survived by her children; Kathy Owens and husband Thorban, Hilton Campbell Jr. and his wife Susan, and Angela Campbell Jones; grandchildren Kelly Prough and husband (Allen), Shelly Crofford and husband Jason, Tricia Moszkowicz, Max Moszkowicz and wife Amy, Jason Campbell, Nola Starks, Kambra, Cailin, John Crary and Story Jones and great-grandchildren Reagan Jamison and husband Scott, Justin Johnson, Tommy Grubbs, Maddy Grubbgs, Hilton G. Campbell, Cadence Campbell, Christopher Starks, and Grace Prough.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents James and Lottie Lee (Waldrip) Carter, husband Hilton E. Campbell and daughter JoAnn Campbell.
A visitation for Betty will be held Monday, March 26, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Brookside Funeral Home, 13747 Eastex Freeway, Houston, Texas 77039. A funeral service will occur Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at Brookside Funeral Home - Family Chapel, 13747 Eastex Freeway, Houston, Texas 77039 with a committal service & burial to follow at Brookside Memorial Park.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.brooksidefuneralhomelauder.com for the Campbell family.
- Kathy Owens and husband Thorban, Daughter
- JoAnn Campbell, Daughter
- Hilton Campbell Jr. and his wife Susan, Son
- Angela Campbell Jones, Daughter
- Kelly Prough and husband (Allen), Shelly Crofford and husband Jason, Tricia Moszkowicz, Max Moszkowicz and wife Amy, Jason Campbell, Nola Starks, Kambra, Cailin, John Crary and Story Jones, Grandchildren
- Reagan Jamison and husband Scott, Justin Johnson, Tommy Grubbs, Maddy Grubbgs, Hilton G. Campbell, Cadence Campbell, Christopher Starks, and Grace Prough, Great-grandchildren
- James and Lottie Lee (Waldrip) Carter, Parents
- Hilton E. Campbell Sr., Husband
- many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends
- Fidel Gonzalez, Active Pallbearer
- Colby Otto, Active Pallbearer
- Glen Jackson, Active Pallbearer
- Tom Campbell, Active Pallbearer
- Tommy Campbell, Active Pallbearer
- Tommy Grubbs, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, March 26, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- Committal Service & Burial Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Betty Joan Campbell
Betty (Bullock) Jones
March 26, 2018
Betty (Mrs C) was one of the most beautiful and loving (and LOVED) persons I have ever known. And I've known her for over 50 years. She was like a second mom to me (Thank you Kat for sharing her with me), and I will always remember her sense of humor and her love of her family and friends. I remember big family cookouts with great food and lots of music and singing by Mr C. I remember trips to Galveston, evening dinners at her house with salad and iced tea every night, and how she loved to tease me about my nose. She brought sunshine and smiles wherever she went. "A lotta watah has gone over Niagara Falls since.... " Love you, Mrs C and will miss you til we meet again.
Betty Bullock Jones
Dorothy Elaine Brown
March 25, 2018
Betty is my beloved double second cousin. We lost contact for many years but finally reconnected and it made my heart joyful. She was kind, caring, hardworking, and thoughtful always. RIP my beautiful Betty!
March 23, 2018
The best memories I have are when we went to that club in humble to hear Hilton and big Max. She was so proud and happy. Me and Ang were still teenagers so i don't remember too much except watching her sing and dance. Looking as if she was on cloud nine. Sure she was watching her son on stage. Love you miss Betty and you will so missed.