James Edell Moore
January 29, 1920 – July 7, 2018
James Edell Moore, 98, passed away on July 7, 2018 in Houston, Texas. He was born January 29, 1920 in Laneville, Texas. Edell (DaddyPaw) enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, watching sports, especially the Astros, Rockets and Texans along with old westerns and he could shell pecans for hours. He was a longtime beloved deacon of Harmony Missionary Baptist Church of Houston.
Edell is preceded in death by his first wife of 50 ½ years who he lost to Alzheimer’s in 2000, Mary Bowers Moore; and 2nd wife of 13 years: Lucille Keaton Moore; sons: Jimmy, Eddie, Johnny, Kenny, and Baby Carroll.
Left to cherish his loving memory, son: James Lee Moore & wife Sandy; grandchildren: Jackie Moore and beloved friend and caretaker: Cat Montelongo, Jayme Simons & husband Johnathan, Cristina Ford & husband Wes, Malisa Cunningham & husband Bubba, Michael Carroll & wife Sissy, Celina McCoy & husband Jeff, Billy Carroll, Sheila Cook & husband Daryl, Johnny Carroll, Jr. & wife April, Christie Dean & husband Phillip; 27 great grandchildren; 10 great great grandchildren.
Pallbearers: Phillip Dean, Colby Parker, Billy Carroll, Wesley Ford, Allen Myrick, David Myrick, Nathan Simons, and Harrison Bracher Honorary Pallbearer: Ray Martin
Visitation for family and friends will begin on Wednesday, July 11th from 5pm to 8pm with the funeral service beginning promptly at 10am on Thursday, July 12th at Brookside Funeral Home, 13747 Eastex Freeway Houston, Texas 77039. Interment to follow in Brookside Memorial Park. Services officiated by Rev. William K. Myrick and Bro. Johnathan R. Simons.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Harmony MBC, 925 Firnat St. Houston, Texas 77022
- James Lee Moore & wife Sandy, Son
- Jackie Moore & beloved friend & caretaker Cat Montelongo, Jayme Simons & husband Johnathan, Cristina Ford & husband Wes, Malisa Cunningham & husband Bubba, Michael Carroll & wife Sissy, Grandchildren
- Celina McCoy & husband Jeff, Billy Carroll, Sheila Cook & husband Daryl, Johnny Carroll, Jr. & wife April, Christie Dean & husband Phillip, Grandchildren
- Mary Bowers Moore, First wife of 50 1/2 years
- Lucille Keaton Moore, Wife of 13 years
- Jimmy, Eddie, Johnny, Kenny & Baby Carroll, Sons
- 27 great-grandchildren and 10 great-great-grandchildren
- Phillip Dean
- Colby Parker
- Billy Carroll
- Wesley Ford
- Allen Myrick
- David Myrick
- Nathan Simons
- Harrison Bracher
- Ray Martin, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Committal Service Thursday, July 12, 2018
James Edell Moore
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Russell & Carol Moore
July 12, 2018
We are so sorry for your loss and please know that we're thinking of, and praying for, all family.
July 11, 2018
Daddy(paw) I am so thankful you came to live with us after Hurricane Harvey. I know James enjoyed having supper with you every day in your room, watching Cheyenne, and all those “sports” for hours on end, as much as you did with him. We reminisced a lot over the last few years but then life gets hard and times get tough. James and I never wanted you to suffer, so he always made sure anyone in charge of your care knew that. We only wanted the best for you and finally gave your “best gift ever, so you said” this past Christmas: a pillow! Imagine that. I pray we served you well. We love and admire you and will miss you terribly. It doesn’t feel the same around here. Thankfully we will meet again on Heaven’s shore. Until then, I love you & James Lee does too!! Sandy
July 9, 2018