Margie C. Gray
September 21, 1924 – September 13, 2018
Margie C. Gray, age 93, of Houston, TX, passed away on September 13, 2018 at Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Her family invites friends and loved ones for a Celebration of Life on September 22, 2018, from 12:00 pm – 2:00pm at Brookside Funeral Home in Houston, TX. Internment will immediately follow.
Cherishing her memory are her nine grandchildren, Leah Howe Johnson, Richard Howe Jr., Cheryl Howe, Billy Long-McElhanon and his wife, Shahira, Deva L. Collazos and her husband, Mark, Rosanna Klachky and her husband, Alfonso, Danita Mullens, Secret L. Burkheiser and her husband, Chris, Brandy Duhon and her husband, Shaw; sixteen grandchildren, Sheena Harris, Anthony Collazos, Spencer Collazos, Seth Holtzclaw, Ryker Duhon, Ashley Duhon, Megan Duhon, Emily Duhon, Lilah McElhanon, Norah McElhanon, Simon McElhanon, Riley Burkheiser, Rilee Mullens, Rusty Mullens, Alan Buzali, Isabella Buzali; four great-grandchildren, Jacob Tatarian Jr., Kaylynn Tatarian, Hayden Tatarian, Callie Holtzclaw; one brother, Tommy Cook and his wife, Kathy; one brother-n-law, Al Pekar; numerous nieces and nephews.
She was proceeded in death by her beloved husband, Fred Gray; three children, Wayne Teaugue, Beverly Twitty Howe and her husband Ricky, Margaret Twitty Long and her husband, Gene; her parents, Taylor Roy Cook and Susie Mae Farmer Cook; grandparents, Sed Cook and Molly Martin, John Farmer and Florence O’Dell; four sisters, Vanetta Rogers, Carrie Hudson and her husband, Roy, Eloise Rogers and her husband, Grafton, Doris Pekar; two brothers, Wilburn Cook, Howard Cook; one great-grandchild, Jared Holtzclaw.
Margie was born in Sarepta, LA to Taylor Roy and Susie Cook on September, 21, 1924. She grew up in a large family with seven siblings. Margie eventually moved to Houston and was a resident for most of her life. She retired from Kroger after working there for thirty-one years. She was a loving and dedicated wife, mother, grandmother, and friend. Margie was an avid gardener and grew many vegetables and beautiful flowers and plants. Some of her favorite activities were saltwater fishing with her husband, Fred, going to the casino, watching horse and dog races, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
Her grandchildren were the apple of her eye. Margie was a kind woman who will be missed by everyone who knew her.
- Tommy Cook and Kathy, Brother and Spouse
- Leah Howe Johnson, Richard Howe Jr., Cheryl Howe, Billy Long McElhanon, Deva L. Collazas, Rosanna Klachky, Danita Mullens, Secret L. Burkheiser, Brandy Duhon, Grandchildren
- Seth Holtzclaw, Jared Hotzclas, Sheena Harris, Anthony Collazos, Spencer Collazos, Ryker Duhon, Ashley Duhon, Megan Duhon, Emily Duhon, Lilah McElhanon, Norah McElhanon, Riley Burkheiser, Simon McElhanon, Rilee Mullens, Rusty Mullens, Alan Buzali, Isabella Buzali, Great-Grandchildren
- Jacob Tatarian Jr., Kaylynn Tatarian, Hayden Tatarian, Callie Holtzclaw, Great-Great Grandchildren
- Fred Gray, Spouse
- Taylor Roy Cook and Susie Mae Farmer Cook, Parents
- Sed Cook and Molly Martin and John Farmer and Florence O'Dell, Grandparents
- Wayne Teague, Beverly Twitty Howe and Ricky, Margaret Twitty Long and Gene, Children and their Spouses
- Nanetta Rogers, Carrie Hutson and Roy, Wilburn Cook, Eloise Rogers and Grafton, Howard Cook, Doris Pekar and Al, Siblings and their Spouses
- Richard Howe
- Billy Long-McElhanon
- Mark Collazos
- Chris Burkheiser
- Anthony Collazos
- Spencer Collazos
- Roy Rogers
- Visitation Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, September 22, 2018
Margie C. Gray
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY