Mary Helen Dallas
September 8, 1948 – November 30, 2018
Mary Helen Dallas, age 70, of Cleveland, Texas passed away on Friday November 30, 2018. Mary was born September 8, 1948 in Galveston, TX to Margie R. Hittle and Charles D. Gilliam. Mary was married to Charles Ray Dallas on December 4, 1971. She had a passion for fishing, bingo, watching nature and, most importantly, spending time with her grandchildren.
Mary is survived by; children and their spouses Douglas Dallas and his wife Rebecca and Sherri Maddox and her husband Jay, siblings Janice Valentine, Bernice Hanson and her husband Kenneth, Ann Miller and her husband Michael and Elizabeth Gilliam and grandchildren Charli Maddox, Mason Dallas and Jaxson Dallas.
Mary was preceded in death by her husband of 41 years Charles Ray Dallas; mother Margie R. Hittle and father Charles D. Gilliam; brother Charles Ray Gilliam.
A visitation for Mary will be held Monday, December 3, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Brookside Funeral Home, 13747 Eastex Freeway, Houston, TX 77039. A funeral service will occur Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at Brookside Funeral Home - Family Chapel 13747 Eastex Freeway, Houston, TX 77039 with a committal service to follow immediately at Brookside Memorial Park.
Serving as active pallbearers are Douglas Dallas, Kenneth Hanson Jr., Bobby Thompson, Randy Bell, Jay Maddox and Tony Phillips; honorary pallbearers Kenneth Hanson Sr., Tom Rohsner, Ronald Walters, Mason Dallas and Jaxson Dallas.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.brooksidefuneralhomelauder.com for the Dallas family.
- Charles Ray Dallas, Husband
- Douglas Dallas and his wife Rebecca and Sherri Maddox and her husband Jay, children and their spouses
- Janice Valentine, Bernice Hanson and her husband Kenneth, Ann Miller and her husband Michael and Elizabeth Gilliam, Siblings
- Charli Maddox, Mason Dallas and Jaxson Dallas, Grandchildren
- Margie R. Hittle, Mother
- Charles D. Gilliam, Father
- Charles Ray Gilliam, Brother
- Douglas Dallas, Active Pallbearer
- Kenneth Hanson Jr., Active Pallbearer
- Bobby Thompson, Active Pallbearer
- Randy Bell, Active Pallbearer
- Jay Maddox, Active Pallbearer
- Tony Phillips, Active Pallbearer
- Kenneth Hanson Sr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Tom Rohsner, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ronald Walters, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mason Dallas, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jaxson Dallas, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, December 3, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Committal Service Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Mary Helen Dallas
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
December 1, 2018
Aunt Mary always made everyone feel so at home, welcome and loved. I’ll always cherish the memories of our trips to Houston to visit with everyone we enjoyed spending time with her and Uncle Charles so much. Sure going to miss her smiling face. My prayers are with y’all during this difficult time. Love you all!!