October 20, 1929 – August 31, 2019
Melchor Rodriguez, age 89, of Katy, Texas passed away on Saturday August 31, 2019. Melchor was born October 20, 1929 to Sara Saiz and Juan Jose Rodriguez.
Melchor is survived by his spouse, Maria Rodriguez, they were married for 53 years; daughter Janie Caballero (Fernando Caballero Sr.); daughter Michelle Villanueva; daughter Aida Mendiola (Joe Santhoff); daughter Hilda Ruiz (Jesse Pineda); daughter Sara Rodriguez (John Edel); and daughter Felipa Rodriguez (Bill Staib), 20 grandchildren, and 21 great grandchildren.
Melchor was preceded in death by; daughter Alma C. Rodriguez; father Juan Jose Rodriguez and mother Sara Saiz; brother Reynaldo Rodriguez; sister Carmen Rodriguez-Rosales and sister Willie Mae Rodriguez Cyrus.
Pallbearers: George "Papucho" Perez, Jeremy Cordero Rodriguez, Fernando Caballero Jr., Joey Ruiz, Brandon Santos, Andrew Perdomo, Valeria Viera.
A burial for Melchor will be held Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.funerariadelangelhouston.com for the Rodriguez family.
- Juan Jose Rodriguez, Father (deceased)
- Sara Saiz, Mother (deceased)
- Alma C. Rodriguez, Daughter (deceased)
- Reynaldo Rodriguez, Brother (deceased)
- Carmen Rosales-Rodriguez, Sister (deceased)
- Willie Mae Cyrus Rodriguez, Sister (deceased)
- Maria Rodriguez, Spouse
- Janie Caballero, Daughter
- Michelle Villanueva, Daughter
- Aida Mendibla, Daughter
- Hilda Ruiz, Daughter
- Sara Rodriguez, Daughter
- Felipa Rodriguez, Daughter
- Visitation Friday, September 6, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, September 7, 2019
- Committal Service Saturday, September 7, 2019
September 9, 2019
Melchor was my Uncle on my Mother's side. He was her older brother, she loved him and their younger brother, Ray, unconditionally until she passed away six years ago. Though we weren't in constant communication, thanks to Sara and Phyllis, we were able to keep tabs on each other's families. I regret not visiting him or my Tia more often, however, I love them dearly and will try to stay in touch. Family was always important to all three siblings. Now they are together with their mom and dad, and he can see his beautiful Alma once again in a better life. Rest in Peace Tio.