Minor Joe Lites
April 19, 1947 – March 11, 2018
Minor Joe Lites, 70, passed away on March 11, 2018. He was born April 19, 1947 in Cleveland Ohio. Minor served in the US Marine Corps. He enjoyed dancing, fishing, and music. He loved to watch old westerns and HSN infomercials. Known for telling funny one-liners, Minor's other enjoyments included, motorcycles, Nascar, X-Box, guitars, boats, karaoke. However, his family is what he cherished the most.
Minor is preceded in death by his parents: Joe Vance Lites and Mary Elizabeth Fuller; grandson: Kevin Brown; nieces & nephews: Mary Frances Dedek-Middleton, Louis Dedek, TJ Dedek, Cherrie Verot, Jimmy Head, Mike Halliburton, and Vanessa Lites.
Left to cherish his memory, children: Patricia Lites, Jennifer (Lites) Pitman & Sammy, Minor Joe Lites II & Leslie, Jason Michael Lites; siblings: Jan & Kern Johnson, Helen Trigg and dear friend Ken Dooley, Mary & Jerry Humber, Joe Vance Lites II, Rickey LaSoya, Nancy & Mike Sample; grandchildren: Nicholas Garrett and Talia, Samantha Stray and Rob, Zachary Garrett and Sara, Jordan Brown, Hannah Brown, Colton Lites, Emily Lites, and Jayden Lites, great grandchildren: Grace, Aiden , Imrra , and Evelyn and various extended family and friends.
Visitation for family and friends will begin on Thursday, March 15, 2018 from 9am to 10:30am at Brookside Funeral Home, 13747 Eastex Freeway, Houston, Texas 77039 with Graveside services beginning at 11:30am in the Houston National Cemetery, 10410 Veterans Memorial Dr. Houston, Texas 77038.
- Patricia Lites, Jennifer (Lites) Pitman and husband Sammy, Minor Joe Lites II and wife Leslie, Jason Michael Lites, Children and their Spouses
- Jan and Kern Johnson, Helen Trigg and dear friend Ken Dooley, Mary and Jerry Humber, Joe Vance Lites II, Rickey LaSoya, Nancy and Mike Sample, Siblings and their Spouses
- Nicolas Garrett and Talia, Samantha Stray and Rob, Zachary Garrett and Sara, Jordan Brown, Hannah Brown, Colton Lites, Emily Lites and Jayden Lites, Grandchildren
- Grace, Aiden, Imrra and Evelyn, Great-Grandchildren
- Minor Joe Lites also leaves behind various extended family and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Committal Service Thursday, March 15, 2018
Minor Joe Lites
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 13, 2018
I remember the first time I met him, was a little intimidating!!! Mostly in fear he wouldn't like me. But soon realized he stood by my side, and believed in me when my own family didn't and my friendship with Jenn I know it was him that pushed that and I thank my lucky stars everyday for that. A man of few words sometimes, but I always remember his smile. Jenn this is like losing my own dad, this is so hard.
Gone but not forgotten, forever in my heart!! I love you and will miss you, once again I have another awesome Angel to guide me...