Wesley Allen Sligar
May 4, 1936 – August 6, 2018
Wesley Allen Sligar, 82, passed away on August 6, 2018 in Lovelady, Texas. He was born May 4, 1936 in Houston, Texas to Carl & Mozelle Sligar. Wesley attended Aldine High School. For over 50 years he worked as a Mason. He was married to Emma Jean Sligar from 1950-2002. Wesley enjoyed fishing, making brick birdhouses, and playing his harmonica with Jason Allen. Spending time with his family, especially with his grandchildren and great grandchildren brought him such joy. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
Wesley is preceded in death by his parents, Carl & Mozelle Sligar; wife of 50 years Emma Jean Sligar; son, Doug (Butch) Mize, granddaughter, Jennifer Aleman, great grandson, Trey Rowe, great granddaughter, Morgan Sligar.
Left to cherish his loving memory, loving wife Shirley Sligar; children: Wesley Sligar Jr. (Bubba) & wife Debra, Rickie Rowe & husband Danny, Darlene Martin & husband Chris, Jason Allen Sligar & Katrina Baker, Rickey Martin & wife Dawn, Larry Martin, and Paula Johnson & husband Mark; grandchildren: Billy Sligar, Jimmy Sligar, Steven Sligar, Rena Dodd, D.J. Rowe, James Rowe, Richard Sligar, Josh Rock, Star Sligar, Hank Sligar, Doug Mize, Michael Mize, Misty Morgan, Damon Mize, Katelynn, Thomas, Cody, Michelle Martin, Tiffany Ebbecke, Joshua Lavender, and Madison Waltmon; great grandchildren: Rebecca, Brooke, Bailey, Tucker, Makenzie, Raelean, Jon, Ashton, Caitlyn, Connor, Scarlette, Lucas, Savannah, Butch, Hunter, Brian, Benny, Zachary, Kaitlin, Aaron, Jasmine, Aria, Samantha, Matthew, Taylor, Randy, Evvalee, Stormy, Riley, Maci, Lane; sister Sherry Beene.
Visitation for family and friends will begin on Monday, August 13th at 10am with the funeral service to begin promptly at 12:30pm at Brookside Funeral Home, 13747 Eastex Freeway, Houston, Texas 77039. Interment to follow in Brookside Memorial Park.
- Shirley Sligar, Wife of 12 Years
- Wesley Sligar Jr.(Bubba) and wife Debra, Rickie Rowe and spouse Danny, Darlene Martin and husband Chris, Jason Allen Sligar and wife Katrina, Children and their Spouses
- Doug (Butch) Mize Sligar, Son
- Billy Sligar, Jimmy Sligar, Steven Sligar, Rena Dodd, D.J. Rowe, James Rowe, Richard Sligar, Josh Rock, Star Sligar, Hank Sligar , Doug Mize, Michael Mize, Misty Morgan, Damon Mize, Katelynn, Thomas, Cody, Grandchildren
- Rebecca, Brooke, Bailey, Tucker, Mackenzie, Raelean, Jon, Ashton, Caitlyn, Conner, Scarlette, Lucas, Savannah, Butch, Hunter, Brian ,Benny, Zachary, Kaitlin, Aaron, Jasmine, Aria, Samantha, Matthew, Taylor, Ewalee, Stormy, Riley, Great-Grandchildren
- Sherry Beene, Sister
- Carl Sligar and Mozelle Sligar, Parents
- Rickey Martin and wife Dawn, Larry Martin, Paula Johnson and husband Mark, Children and their spouses
- Michelle Martin, Tiffany Ebbecke, Joshua Lavender, Madison Waltmon, Grandchildren
- Maci and Lane, Great-grandchildren
- Emma Jean Sligar, Wife of 50 years
- Jennifer Aleman, Granddaughter
- Trey Rowe, Great Grandson
- Morgan Sligar, Great Granddaughter
- D.J Rowe
- James Rowe
- Billy Sligar
- Jimmy Sligar
- Steven Sligar
- Doug Mize
- Michael Mize
- Damon Mize
- Visitation Monday, August 13, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, August 13, 2018
- Committal Service Monday, August 13, 2018
Wesley Allen Sligar
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 13, 2018
I have so many wonderful memories of my Papa. Too many to write but the first that comes to mind are all the times he grabbed my hand to pull me onto a dance floor to dance. It was almost always the waltz. I don’t think he knew how much I loved that. As a little girl I loved to snuggle up on his lap in his recliner to fall asleep. I don’t think I ever told him that every time I smell fresh cement, I would think of him. I do know that he knew I loved his brisket, I loved listening to him sing, and above all, I loved him. He has always been such a funny, sweet, down to earth, caring, admirable, big-hearted man and his passing has left a void that can never be filled. I love & miss you, Papa.
August 12, 2018
Sending my condolences for you and your family .