Josephine "Joan" Swinehart
September 18, 1935 – April 27, 2018
Josephine “Joan” Swinehart died on Friday, April 27, 2018 at Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health. She was eighty-two years of age. Born in Philadelphia, she was the daughter of the late Donato (Daniel) and Josephine Piccinni. Joan was a longtime resident of the Somerton Section of Philadelphia.
Mrs. Swinehart was a communicant of the Saint Christopher Parish in Somerton.
Josephine was very family oriented and loved spending time with her children and grandchildren. She was an excellent traditional Italian cook. She enjoyed spending time in Ocean City NJ and boating. She also enjoyed singing, dancing and shopping.
Josephine was the devoted wife of Robert J. Swinehart Sr. for forty-six years before his death in 2006. She was the devoted mother of Russell Swinehart (Elizabeth Casmirri) of Warrington, Lynne (David) Cates of Ocean City NJ, Joanie (Michael) Greenhalgh of Richboro and the late Robert J. Swinehart Jr. who is survived by his wife Judy. She was the loving grandmother of Kristin, Nicholas, Amber, Gabriella, Dana, Tara, Gregory, Michael, Alec, Blake and the late Robert J. III. She is survived by her brother in-law Anthony J. Bucci and many nieces and nephews. She is also survived by her beloved dog Lucky.
Relatives and friends are invited to call Thursday, May 3, 2018 9:30 to 11:30 AM at St. Christopher Church, 13301 Proctor Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19116. Funeral Mass 11:30 A.M. Josephine’s interment will follow in Forest Hills Cemetery. In lieu of flowers donations in her name may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- Donato Piccinni, Father
- Josephine Piccinni, Mother
- Robert J. Swinehart, Husband
- Russell Swinehart, Son
- Elizabeth Casmirri, Daughter-in-law
- Lynne Cates, Daughter
- David Cates, Son-in-law
- Joanie Greenhalgh, Daughter
- Michael Greenhagh, Son-in-law
- Robert J. Swinehart Jr., Son
- Judy Swinehart, Daughter-in-law
- Anthony J. Bucci, Brother-in-law
- She was the loving grandmother of Kristin, Nicholas, Amber, Gabriella, Dana, Tara, Gregory, Michael, Alec, Blake and the late Robert J. III. She is survived by her many nieces and nephews and her beloved dog Lucky.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Visitation Thursday, May 3, 2018
- Funeral Mass Thursday, May 3, 2018