Martha Steinbruck Reinhardt
March 6, 1929 – November 7, 2019
MARCH 6, 1929 – NOVEMBER 7, 2019
Martha S. Reinhardt went home to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on November 7, 2019 in her home in Piermont, New Hampshire. She was 90 years of age. Born in Gutenberg, Germany, her family immigrated to the USA and, as a child, she became a naturalized citizen. She was raised in the Philadelphia area, and raised her own family in Huntingdon Valley, PA, where she was a resident for 54 years. She most recently resided in New Hampshire with her son, David, and his wife, Janet, who were her attentive caregivers.
Mrs. Reinhardt was a retired food service supervisor for the Lower Moreland School District in Huntingdon Valley. She started as a part-time elementary school cafeteria worker and retired as the cook and director of the meals for the district.
Martha was a member of the Crossroads Bible Church (formerly Bethel Chapel) in Huntingdon Valley. She was actively involved in the Ladies Fidelis Class and Vacation Bible School. She was very family oriented and loved spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren. Spending time at their home in Ocean City, NJ, with her husband or any family and friends, was one of her favorite pastimes. Martha loved to cook for her family and friends. She frequently delivered meals to friends, neighbors, and the lonely. She loved flea markets, thrift shops, sales, and the best bargains she could find. Most of her purchases went to family, friends, and individuals in need. Her generous gifting and caring for others took place without drawing any attention to herself.
Martha was the beloved wife of Fred J. Reinhardt, for 62 years, who pre-deceased her in 2011. She was the devoted mother of David (Janet) Reinhardt, PhD, of Piermont, NH, John (Nancy) Reinhardt, MD, of Wilmington, DE, and Lynda (Dan Glassman) Howard of Bemus Point, NY. She was the loving grandmother of Anna Thompson, Sophia Castellanos, Estella Stone, Martha Calciano, Laura Mahoney, Heather Reinhardt, Jillian Reinhardt, Justin Howard, Aaron Howard, and Jacquelyn Wickerham. She was the great grandmother of Jeremiah Stone, Steven Stone, Aidan Stone, Dominic Stone, Benjamin Castellanos, Elizabeth Castellanos, Abigail Castellanos, Matthew Calciano, Colin Calciano, Haven Calciano, Madelyn Howard, Evan Howard, and Margot Wickerham.
Relatives and friends are invited to her service at 12:00 PM on Saturday, November 16, 2019 at Lamb Funeral Home, 101 Byberry Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA. The family will receive friends from 11:00 AM until the time of the service. The interment will follow at Forest Hills Cemetery.
As an expression of sympathy, because Martha regularly pored over her “Our Daily Bread” devotionals, donations may be made to Our Daily Bread Ministries, PO Box 2222, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-2222 (or online at https://donations.ourdailybread.org/intm2.html?motivation=INTM2).
Alternatively, to honor Martha who suffered for years with the disease, donations may also be made to Dementia Society of America, PO Box 600, Doylestown, PA 18901 (or online at https://www.dementiasociety.org/donate).
- Frederick Reinhardt, Father (deceased)
- Sophie Koch, Mother (deceased)
- Fred J. Reinhardt, Husband (deceased)
- David Reinhardt, Son
- Janet Reinhardt, Daughter-in-law
- John Reinhardt, Son
- Nancy Reinhardt, Daughter-in-law
- Lynda Howard, Daughter
- Dan Glassman, Son-in-law
- Anna Thompson, Granddaughter
- Sophia Castellanos, Granddaughter
- Estella Stone, Granddaughter
- Martha Calciano, Granddaughter
- Laura Mahoney, Granddaughter
- Heather Reinhardt, Granddaughter
- Jillian Reinhardt, Granddaughter
- Justin Howard, Grandson
- Aaron Howard, Grandson
- Jacquelyn Wickerham, Granddaughter
- Jeremiah Stone, Great Grandson
- Steven Stone, Great Grandson
- Aidan Stone, Great Grandson
- Dominic Stone, Great Grandson
- Benjamin Castellanos, Great Grandson
- Elizabeth Castellanos, Great Granddaughter
- Abigail Castellanos, Great Granddaughter
- Matthew Calciano, Great Grandson
- Colin Calciano, Great Grandson
- Haven Calciano, Great Granddaughter
- Madelyn Howard, Great Granddaughter
- Evan Howard, Great Grandson
- Margot Wickerham, Great Granddaughter
- Viewing Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Burial Saturday, November 16, 2019