Don W. Ware, Sr.
May 20, 1937 – February 19, 2021
Don W. Ware Sr., 83 of Andrews, passed away on Friday morning, February 19, 2021 at his residence. Don had worked at United Tech for 44 years, retiring in 1999. He also farmed for 10 years in Whitley County. Don was a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles Lodge 823 and its Flag Team and a Lifetime member of the Moose Lodge 837 both of Huntington. He was also a member of the Patriot Guard. He had attended Grayson Ave. UB Church and Good Shepherd UB Church, where he played Basketball and Softball over the years. He also played softball in Whitley and Huntington Counties for many years. Don committed a large portion of his life helping children. He was a Foster Parent for over 20 years, he was a Cub Scout leader, and he was a Big Brother for Big Brothers and Big Sisters and coached Little League baseball in Andrews. Don also loved to garden and was an avid hunter and fisherman, enjoying sports of all kinds, especially IU Basketball.
He was born on May 20, 1937 a son of the late Walter and Arlie Sparks Ware.
He was united in marriage to Betty E. Babb on December, 28, 1978 in Huntington. His wife survives.
Additional survivors include – a daughter: Deneise (Ed) Ferguson of Bluffton; three sons: Don W. (Robin) Ware Jr. of Cocoa, FL. Randal (Julie) Ware of Newhope, Arkansas and Jordan (Ceira) Bunch of Fort Wayne; two nephews: Dustin (Karry) Babb of Huntington and Kenny (Amber) Babb of Fort Wayne; 20 grandchildren, 44 great grandchildren, 14 foster children and several more nieces and nephews.
Don was preceded in death by three brothers: John, Jim and Lewis Ware; two sisters: Jean Hoffman and Lois Kochensparger; two nephews: Jeffery Biddle and Paul Kochensparger and a niece: Lori Stouder.
Visitation will be held on Friday, February 26, 2021 from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Myers Funeral Home Huntington Chapel, 2901 Guilford Street, Huntington, Indiana.
Funeral services will take place on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. at the Funeral Home with Dennis Rowe and Dan Kochensparger officiating.
Interment will take place at the Lancaster Cemetery.
Memorial donations can be made out to the American Heart Association in care of Myers Funeral Home, 2901 Guilford Street, Huntington, IN 46750.
- Betty (Babb) Ware, Wife
- Deneise (Ed) Ferguson, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Don (Robin) Ware, Jr., Son and Daughter-in-law
- Randal (Julie) Ware, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Jordan (Ceira) Bunch, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Dustin (Karry) Babb, Nephew
- Kenny (Amber) Babb, Nephew
- Walter & Arlie (Sparks) Ware, Parents (deceased)
- John Ware, Brother (deceased)
- Jim Ware, Brother (deceased)
- Lewis Ware, Brother (deceased)
- Jean Hoffman, Sister (deceased)
- Lois Kochensparger, Sister (deceased)
- Jeffery Biddle, Nephew (deceased)
- Paul Kochensparger, Nephew (deceased)
- Lori Stouder, Niece (deceased)
- Twenty grandchildren, forty-four great grandchildren, fourteen foster children, several nieces and nephews.
- Dustin Babb, Active Pallbearer
- Kenny Babb, Active Pallbearer
- Thomas Babb, Active Pallbearer
- Tyler Ruggles, Active Pallbearer
- Ryan Ferguson, Active Pallbearer
- Austin Babb, Active Pallbearer
- Tanner Babb, Active Pallbearer
- Matthew Ware, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dr. Richard Spencer, Honorary Pallbearer
- Buzzy Buzzard, Honorary Pallbearer
- American Heart Association
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Myers Funeral Home
Don W. Ware, Sr.
February 26, 2021
Betty, so sorry for your loss. Don was a good guy, kind of ornery. always willing to help. I will be thinking of you and your family.
Connie Ware Denihan
February 25, 2021
Dear Betty, Don, Randy, Denise: Fun memories of Don and the time you guys lived next door to us on the farm a long time ago and of the family reunions! I know you will miss him every day - it has been 10 years since we lost dad (Orren) and I miss him SO much.
Love to you all
Connie Ware Denihan & Tim
Ware-Hizer Reunion Back Row Orren A Ware, Donna Jean Ware Gage, Gloria Huhtula Hizer, Don Ware, Wayne Ware Sr Front Row LoisAnn Ware Kochensparger, Eugene Hizer, Glatha Ware Neff,
February 22, 2021
I had the privilege of pastoring don and Betty don was a great gentleman Christian and father. God be with him
Joan (McClure) Tardy
February 22, 2021
Betty and family, I am so very sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed seeing you and Don at the Lincoln School reunions . Don was a good guy !!
February 22, 2021
There's so much I could say about Don, but for the sake of keeping it short and sweet, he is one of the most amazing men I've ever had the blessing of meeting and the greatest Father in law one could ever hope to have. If you see this Betty, I love you as though you were my own mother. And in most ways you and Don have been better parents to me than my own, in just the past almost 6 years now. Jordan and I love you so very much and if you ever need anything, you have our number.
February 21, 2021
Don was such a great guy and great neighbor. And most of all a great person. A lot of good memories. My deepest condolences Betty and family. Tom Gates