Garold Dean Phillips
October 26, 1946 – January 29, 2020
Garold Dean Phillips, 73 of Huntington passed away at 3:15 am on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at his residence. Garold served his country in the United States Army and was honorably discharged in 1968. He had worked for Zollner Pistons in Fort Wayne for 33 years, retiring in 1999. He was a very hard working man and he enjoyed fishing, trapping, hunting and liked to tinker and fix things. Garold loved spending time with his grandchildren.
He was born on October 26, 1946 in Huntington, the son of James A. and Helen M. (Guynn) Phillips.
He was united in marriage to Nancy K. Shively on September 14, 1966 in Huntington. His wife survives.
Additional survivors include a son: Michael D. Phillips of Huntington; a daughter: Deana K. (Troy) Asher of Huntington; two brothers: Richard D. Phillips of Huntington; Donald F. Phillips of Huntington; four sisters: Patricia M. Rosen of Huntington; Rebecca A. Lahr of Huntington; Carolyn S. Psehes of Fort Wayne; Debra J. Larkey of Huntington; three grandchildren: Kendra K. Fisher, Kayla M. (Thomas) Bradford, Anthony M. Ashbaugh and six great grandchildren: Braxton D. Ashbaugh, Cecilia K. Fisher, Makenzie L. Bradford, Josie M. Bradford, Aislyn M. Ashbaugh and Paul J. Strickland.
Garold was preceded in death by his parents and a brother: Jerald J. Phillips.
Memorial service will be held at a later date.
- Nancy K. Phillips, Wife
- Michael D. Phillips, Son
- Deana K. (Troy) Asher, Daughter
- Richard D. Phillips, Brother
- Donald F. Phillips, Brother
- Patricia M. Rosen, Sister
- Rebecca J. Lahr, Sister
- Carolyn S. Psehes, Sister
- Debra J. Larkey, Sister
- James A. Phillips, Father (deceased)
- Helen M. (Guynn) Phillips, Mother (deceased)
- Jerald J. Phillips, Brother (deceased)
- Three grandchildren: Kendra K. Fisher, Kayla M. (Thomas) Bradford, Anthony M. Ashbaugh and six great grandchildren: Braxton D. Ashbaugh, Cecilia K. Fisher, Makenzie L. Bradford, Josie M. Bradford, Aislyn M. Ashbaugh and Paul J. Strickland.
- Memorial Service At A Later Date
Garold Dean Phillips
Deana Kay Asher
January 31, 2020
Dear Daddy sorry it's taken a while to come on and leave you a message. It is so hard still to move on with life without your here. I know you taught us to be strong and I have my days I am others my mind goes ping and I think of something that makes the tears just roll
Takes awhile to stop I do bounce right back after good till the next one. There will always be a void in this temporary life. Just know I'm not far behind you like I told you before you got to bad.
Love always the Dimond of your heart