James J. Williams
May 17, 1924 – February 6, 2021
James J. Williams, 96 of Roanoke passed away on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Story Point Assisted Living in Fort Wayne. James was a 1942 graduate of Roanoke High School. He served his country in the United States Army from 1943 – 1946. James was a member of Faith Lutheran Church in Roanoke and American Legion Post 160 of Roanoke. He was the founder of Economy Machine Products in Roanoke in 1954, retiring in 1971. He farmed for 15 years following his retirement.
James was born on May 17, 1924 in Huntington County, the son of the late James V. and Zola M. (Zent) Williams.
He was united in marriage to Betty Z. Hollenbaugh on March 1, 1945 in Auburn, Indiana. Betty preceded him in death on January 19, 2021.
Survivors include a daughter: Tamara S. Williams of Garrett; daughter-in-law: Jean Williams of Columbia City; a brother: D. Richard (Norma) Williams of Fort Wayne; four grandchildren, thirteen great grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son: Randall Williams, three brothers: Virgil Williams, Delmar Williams, Paul Williams and two sisters: Bette Corwin and Bess Caley.
Private family services will be held at Faith Lutheran Church in Roanoke. We will be following the CDC’s and Indiana’s guidelines for Social Distancing and Social Gathering Limits.
Memorial service for James and Betty will be held at a later date.
Interment will be at the Glenwood Cemetery in Roanoke.
Memorial donations can be made out to Faith Lutheran Church or Visiting Nurse and Hospice both in care of Myers Funeral Home, 2901 Guilford Street, Huntington, IN 46750.
- Tamara Williams, Daughter
- Jean Williams, Daughter-in-law
- D. Richard (Norma) Williams, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Betty Z. (Hollenbaugh) Williams, Wife (Deceased)
- James V. & Zola M. (Zent) Williams, Father and Mother (deceased)
- Randall Williams, Son (deceased)
- Virgil Williams, Brother (deceased)
- Delmar Williams, Brother (deceased)
- Paul Williams, Brother (deceased)
- Bette Corwin, Sister (deceased)
- Bess Caley, Sister (deceased)
- Four grandchildren, thirteen great grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren
- Faith Lutheran Church
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice
Private Family Services