Lester E. "Smitty" Smith, Sr.
January 29, 1943 – April 3, 2021
Lester E. “Smitty” Smith, Sr., 78 of Huntington passed away on Saturday, April 3, 2021 at his residence. Lester worked in trash disposal for 35 years. He had worked for The City of Huntington for 10 years, Richard Ness Construction and Seibold Wabash Valley Landfill. He enjoyed being a mechanic and working on small engines.
Lester was born on January 29, 1943 in Huntington, the son of the late Everett and Thelma (Keplinger) Smith.
He was united in marriage to Sheila Saunders on April 6, 1967 in Huntington. Sheila preceded him in death on May 28, 2007.
Survivors include a son: Lester E. (Margie) Smith, Jr. of Huntington; a brother: Larry Smith of Huntington; five grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister: Linda Smith.
Private family visitation.
Interment will take place at a later date at Redman Cemetery in Warren.
Memorial donations can be made out to The Family, make checks out to Lester E. Smith, Jr. in care of Myers Funeral Home, 2901 Guilford Street, Huntington, IN 46750.
- Lester E. and Margie Smith, Jr., Son and Daughter-in-law
- Larry Smith, Brother
- Sheila (Saunders) Smith, Wife (Deceased)
- Everett and Thelma (Keplinger) Smith, Parents (deceased)
- Linda Smith, Sister (deceased)
- Five grandchildren and nine great grandchildren
- The Family - Make check out to Lester E. Smith, Jr.
Private Family Services