Ruth E. Schoeff
March 4, 1925 – July 4, 2019
Ruth Evelyn “Pinky” Schoeff, 94 of Huntington passed away at 6:25 am on Thursday, July 4, 2019 at Heritage Pointe of Huntington. Ruth was a 1943 graduate of Huntington High School. She had worked at Caswell-Runyan in 1944, where she met her husband. She loved cooking, baking, gardening, fishing and collecting recipes. Ruth was a member of the Union Thrifty Homemakers Club, Rock Creek Happy Harmony Home Economics Club and was a Ladies Aid at Zion United Methodist Church where she was also a Bible School volunteer.
Ruth was born on March 4, 1925 in Huntington, the daughter of Benjamin and Elizabeth (Sinnett) Pinkerton.
She was united in marriage to Ernest Schoeff on March 12, 1949. He preceded her in death on December 26, 2000.
Survivors include two sons: Terry (Carol) Schoeff of Huntington; Michael Schoeff of Huntington; three daughters: Janell (Dennis) Brubaker of Huntington; Cheryl (Mike) Okuly of Andrews; Teresa (Paul) Daniels of Huntington; 9 grandchildren: Julie Ramp, Brad Schoeff, Lisa Strine, Chris Brubaker, Keli Whitaker, Kory Okuly, Josann Schoeff, Erikk Schoeff, Curtis Daniels and 14 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers: Ivan Pinkerton, Willard Pinkerton and Herman Pinkerton.
Visitation will be held on Monday, July 8, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm at the Myers Funeral Home Huntington Chapel, 2901 Guilford Street, Huntington, Indiana.
Funeral service will be held on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:00 am with one hour of visitation prior to the service at the Myers Funeral Home Huntington Chapel with Pastor Bill Rapp officiating.
Interment will be at the Star of Hope Cemetery.
Memorial donations can be made out to Huntington County 4-H in care of Myers Funeral Home, 2901 Guilford Street, Huntington, IN 46750.
- Terry (and wife Carol) Schoeff, Son
- Michael Schoeff, Son
- Janell (and husband Dennis) Brubaker, Daughter
- Cheryl (and husband Mike) Okuly, Daughter
- Teresa (and husband Paul) Daniels, Daughter
- Benjamin Pinkerton, Father (deceased)
- Elizabeth Pinkerton, Mother (deceased)
- Ernest Schoeff, Husband (deceased)
- Ivan Pinkerton, Brother (deceased)
- Willard Pinkerton, Brother (deceased)
- Herman Pinkerton, Brother (deceased)
- Nine grandchildren: Julie Ramp, Brad Schoeff, Lisa Strine, Chris Brubaker, Keli Whitaker, Kory Okuly, Josann Schoeff, Erikk Schoeff, Curtis Daniels and fourteen great grandchildren.
- Huntington County 4-H
- Visitation Monday, July 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Ruth E. Schoeff
July 18, 2019
To Ruth's family and friends,my thoughts and prayers are with you.
July 14, 2019
Terry and Mike and the rest of the Schoeff family, you have my sympathy at the loss of your mom. Take care until we meet again.
July 8, 2019
Paul, Teresa and Curtis And the entire family of Ruth,
I am very sorry for your loss. My sincere thoughts and prayers are with you all.
July 7, 2019
Janell and Dennis,
Wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for the entire family on the loss of your mother. May God grant you peace through this difficult time.
Doug & Laura Lahr
July 7, 2019
The Schoeff, Sorry to hear of Ruth passing your in our prays. Doug & Laura Lahr