Ruth A. Wasmuth
January 16, 1928 – January 4, 2020
Ruth A. (Conkle) Wasmuth, 91 Passed away at 12:11 a.m. on Saturday January 4, 2020 at Heritage Pointe of Huntington. Ruth was a member of S.S. Peter and Paul Catholic Church and enjoyed attending mass every day. Ruth worked for a local ENT specialist before her marriage to Norman Conkle, then became a housewife. After Norman’s death she worked at Central School Cafeteria. Ruth loved to travel. She also enjoyed gardening, being outside, cooking, spending time with her grandchildren and Ball Room Dancing with her second husband.
Ruth was born in Huntington on January 16, 1928 a daughter to George and Isabelle (Karst) Yaste.
She was united in marriage to Norman Conkle on April 4, 1955. He preceded her in death on July 23, 1984. She later remarried to James Wasmuth on October 6, 1989. He preceded her in death on April 7, 2011.
Survivors include a son: Mark Conkle of Huntington; two daughters: Mary Jane (Kelly) Pratt of Huntington, and Julie (Christopher) Campbell of Huntington; six stepchildren: James (Gwenn) Wasmuth of Kokomo, Richard Wasmuth of Columbia City, David (Ann) Wasmuth of Huntington, Dianne (Sammuel) Greuler of Auburn, Sharrie (Dale) Tafelski of Rochester and Doug Wasmuth of Ft. Wayne; five grandchildren: Amy (Joe) Lopes, Adam Whiteman, Kylie Campbell, Kayla Campbell, and Kortney Campbell; 13 step grandchildren: Jill, Jan, John, Joy, Laura, Rachel, Sara, Brettani, Brecklyn, John, James, Kristen, and Adam; and two great grandchildren: Shealee and Baylen
Ruth was preceded in death by four sisters: Mary Agnes Clabaugh, Dorothy Shafer, Jane Spotts, Martha Gentis; and one brother: Charles Yaste.
Visitation will be held on Friday January 10, 2020 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Myers Funeral Home Huntington Chapel located at 2901 Guilford St. Huntington IN 46750. A Rosary service will be held at 7:30 p.m.
A Funeral Mass will be held on Saturday January 11, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at S.S. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church located at 860 Cherry St. Huntington IN 46750.
Interment will be at the Mt. Calvary Cemetery in Huntington County.
Memorial donations can be made out to Alzheimer’s Association or Visiting Nurse and Hospice in care of Myers Funeral Home, 2901 Guilford Street, Huntington, IN 46750.
- Mark Conkle, Son
- Mary Jane Pratt, Daughter
- Julie Campbell, Daughter
- James Wasmuth, Stepson
- Richard Wasmuth, Stepson
- David Wasmuth, Stepson
- Doug Wasmuth, Stepson
- Dianne Greuler, Stepdaughter
- Sharrie Tafelski, Stepdaughter
- Norman Conkle (deceased), Husband
- James Wasmuth (deceased), Husband
- Mary Agnes Clabaugh (deceased), Sister
- Dorothy Shafer (deceased), Sister
- Jane Spotts (deceased), Sister
- Martha Gentis (deceased), Sister
- Charles Yaste (deceased), Brother
- George Yaste (deceased), Father
- Isabelle (Karst) Yaste (deceased), Mother
- Five grandchildren: Amy Lopes, Adam Whiteman, Kylie Campbell, Kayla Campbell, Kortney Campbell; thirteen step grandchildren: Jil, Jan, John, Joy, Laura, Rachel, Sara, Brettani, Brecklyn, John, James, Kristen, Adam and two great grandchildren: Shealee and Baylen.
- Alzheimer's Association
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice
- Visitation Friday, January 10, 2020
- Funeral Mass Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Interment Saturday, January 11, 2020
Ruth A. Wasmuth
January 9, 2020
Sending our sympathy to all of you -
The Nelson Yentes family
January 7, 2020
So sorry to hear of Ruth's passing. Just seeing her picture reminds me of her sweet smile and her laughter. Ruth enjoyed life and may she now dance into the gates of heaven. Prayers for strength and peace for the family at this time. Blessings,