July 19, 1972 – October 30, 2018
Christopher J. Wheelden, 46 of West Yarmouth died unexpectedly October 30, 2018 surrounded by his family at Cape Cod Hospital. He is survived by his Dad, John H. Wheelden of Auburn and his Mom, Judith A. Wheelden of West Yarmouth. Also his good friend Paul Anderson of West Yarmouth. His Aunt Betty and husband Mike Owens of Auburn, Aunt Diane of Framingham and Aunt Sharon and Dave Williams of Garland, Texas. Also his cousin Patrick Owens and wife Cathy of Burke, Virginia and their children Michael and Kelly and Anthony Marsocci, Cousin Michelle Owens and partner Michael, cousin Heather Ferguson and husband Brian and three children, Connor, Nathan and Charlotte of Rutland. He worked in landscaping for many years on Cape Cod, however his physical health declined over the last two years. He loved music and played the guitar since his high school days. In fact he wrote poems about nature and love one of which was published in a newspaper. He was a gentle giant and good old soul. Viewing will be held November 5th, 2018 from 5-7pm with a service at 6pm at Doane, Beal & Ames Funeral Home 160 West Main Street, Hyannis, MA. A funeral mass will be held November 17th at 1pm at St. Patrick’s Church, 258 Main Street, Rutland, MA. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the COPD Foundation and Cape Cod Healthcare. To leave an online condolence, please visit www.doanebealames.com.
- John H. Wheelden of Auburn, Father
- Judith A. Wheelden of West Yarmouth, Mother
- Paul Anderson of West Yarmouth, Good friend
- Betty and husband Mike Owens of Auburn, Aunt
- Diane of Framingham, Aunt
- Sharon and Dave Williams of Garland, Texas, Aunt
- He is survived by his cousin Patrick Owens and wife Cathy of Burke, Virginia and their children Michael and Kelly and Anthony Marsocci, Cousin Michelle Owens and partner Michael, cousin Heather Ferguson and husband Brian and three children, Connor, Nathan and Charlotte of Rutland.
- Visitation Monday, November 5, 2018
- Service Monday, November 5, 2018
- Funeral Mass Saturday, November 17, 2018
November 5, 2018
No bond is as great as that between a parent and child. My deepest condolences are with you as you grieve.
November 3, 2018
We were so sorry to hear of this young man's sudden passing and send prayers of sympathy to Judy and the family.
Keep telling his stories to keep his memory with you!
love from Marie and Elaine and our whole family