Marcia Anne Sullivan
Passed away on September 23, 2019
Mom’s warm smile, generous heart, and baby blue eyes are what we will remember most of our loving mother. Most important to her was the well being of those around her, especially for her family members.
Ms. Marcia Anne (Doyle) Sullivan, a resident of Vero Beach, Florida, and former longtime resident of W. Barnstable and S. Dennis, passed away peacefully on Monday, September 23, 2019 surrounded by her six children. She was 76 years old.
Born on February 5, 1943 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Marcia was one of five children of the late William Leo and Helen Marie (Flynn) Doyle. She was married to Arthur Sullivan, Jr. for 31 years. Marcia is survived by her six children - Michael of Hyannis, Sean of Marstons Mills, Eileen (and William) Putman, III of East Sandwich, Dennis (and Chris Scales) of Provincetown, Timothy (and Michele) of Dennisport, Matthew (and Sabrina) of Lake Worth, Florida. She is also survived by her siblings, Sheila Doyle, Tricia (and Steve) Campbell, and Denise (and Russell) Wilfong, all of Naples FL, and her brother Kevin (and Gina) Doyle of East Douglas, MA.
She cherished her grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins and all of her loving friends.
Marcia was raised in Arlington, MA, she attended Arlington High School. In 1971 she moved to Cape Cod to raise her children.
Marcia enjoyed the ocean, dancing, painting, bowling, shopping, and had an especially keen sense of fashion. She was teased for her overuse of emojis and was coined the Queen of Emojis. Above all Marcia loved the people in her life and hoped we would all remember her with a smile.
Memorial gifts may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
- William Leo and Helen Marie (Flynn) Doyle, parents (deceased)
- Arthur Sullivan, Jr., Husband (deceased)
- Michael Sullivan, Son
- Sean Sullivan, Son
- Eileen and William Putman, III, daughter & son in-law
- Dennis Sullivan and Chris Scales, son & partner
- Timothy and Michele Sullivan, son & daughter in-law
- Matthew and Sabrina Sullivan, son & daughter in-law
- Sheila Doyle, Sister
- Tricia and Steve Campbell, sister & brother in-law
- Denise and Russell Wilfong, sister & brother in-law
- Kevin and Gina Doyle, brother & sister in-law
- She cherished her grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins and all of her loving friends.
- Visiting Hours Friday, October 4, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, October 5, 2019
Marcia Anne Sullivan
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
October 10, 2019
Mom , I miss you so much! Please know that you are my true BFF.