Katherine Y. Bover
September 25, 1946 – January 16, 2019
Katherine Yvonne Bover, age 72, of Independence, passed away at her home surrounded by her family, Jan. 16, 2019. Visitation Service, Monday, Jan. 21, 2019, 6pm to 8pm. Funeral Service Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019, 10:30am. All services at Newcomers Noland Road Chapel. Burial in Swan Lake Memorial Gardens.
Katherine was born Sept. 25, 1946 at home in Hammond, Ks to George & Berniece (Hinton) Pearson. She was raised and educated in Independence, graduating from William Chrisman High School in 1964. She married Kennneth Bover, July 3, 1966 in Independence.
Katherine and Kenneth resided in Independence and together raised sons; Michael and Craig. She retired from MId America Regional Council in 2014, after working 12 years as a 911 Data Base Technician.
During retirement, she spent time with her family, gardening and reading. Katherine was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother.
Preceded in death by her mother and father.
Survived by Husband; Kenneth. Sons: Michael (Julie) Bover, Craig (Nicki) Bover. Sister; Georgia and husband Michael Brady. Brother; Danny and wife Janice Pearson. Grandchildren; Trevor Grimm, Tyler Bover, Kaitlyn Bover, Hannah Bover.
- George Pearson, Father
- Berniece (Hinton) Pearson, Mother
- Kenneth Bover, Husband
- Michael (Julie) Bover, Son
- Craig (Nicki) Bover, Son
- Trevor Grimm, Tyler Bover, Kaitlyn Bover and Hannah Bover, Grandchildren
- Georgia (Michael) Brady, Sister
- Danny (Janice) Pearson, Brother
- Rusty Harpham, Pallbearer
- Tyler Bover, Pallbearer
- Trevor Grimm, Pallbearer
- Danny Pearson, Pallbearer
- Brett Pearson, Pallbearer
- Jack Merriott, Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, January 21, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- Committal Service Tuesday, January 22, 2019