William Patrick Maloney
December 19, 1945 – September 17, 2019
Wm. Patrick Maloney, 73, of Independence, MO passed away September 17, 2019.
Visitation will be held 5-7 p.m., with funeral service to follow at 7 p.m., Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at Newcomer Noland Road Chapel. Burial to follow on Wednesday, September 25 in Blue Springs Cemetery, Blue Springs, MO.
Pat was a resident of Independence his entire life. He was born at the Independence Sanitorium to Floyd and Mary Lou Maloney on December 19, 1945. He attended Alton Elementary School in Independence and graduated from William Chrisman High School in 1963. Pat was a very proud Eagle Scout. He was a lithographer by trade, and retired from Allied Lithographers. After retirement, he opened Heat Zone Tanning in Independence with his family and continued working there until his death. Pat was the proudest Dad and Papa. He never missed the kids' sporting events and soon became the #1 Blue Springs Wildcats Fan.
He was married to his wife Janelle for 48 years. She survives of the home. He is also survived by his children Kim Houseman (Kris) and Johnathan Maloney (Breian); grandchildren Tori Houseman, Vincent Houseman, Patrick Maloney, and Ian Maloney; brother Mike Maloney (Lynda); nieces, nephews and many friends.
Preceding him in death are his parents; nephew J. Pat Maloney and special aunt and uncle Fleet and Sara Porter.
- William Floyd Maloney, Father (deceased)
- Mary Lou Maloney, Mother (deceased)
- Janelle Maloney, Wife
- Kim (Kris) Houseman, Daughter
- Johnathan (Brein) Maloney, Son
- Tori Houseman, Vincent Houseman, Patrick Maloney and Ian Maloney, Grandchildren
- Mike (Lynda) Maloney, Brother
- J. Pat Maloney, Nephew (deceased)
- Sara Porter, Aunt (deceased)
- Fleet Porter, Uncle (deceased)
- Pat also leaves nieces, nephews and many friends to cherish his memory.
- Johnathan Maloney, Pallbearer
- Mike Maloney, Pallbearer
- Kim Houseman, Pallbearer
- Patrick Maloney, Pallbearer
- Tori Houseman, Pallbearer
- Kris Houseman, Pallbearer
- Vincent Houseman, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ian Maloney, Honorary Pallbearer
- Breian Maloney, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mike Maloney II, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- Committal Service Wednesday, September 25, 2019
William Patrick Maloney
September 25, 2019
My sincere condolences go out to your family. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the visitation.I had left town for a family related matter.
We know the Maloney family best through my son Tylers baseball and basketball teams . They are definitely one of the sweetest families around!
The best memory I have of your dad/Papa was that he was a devoted Papa and could be spotted in the stands supporting his grandkids no matter the sport. You could totally see the twinkle of pride in his eyes for his grandkids! He definitely set the bar for other Grandpa's :-)
I hope that in time you can find peace in special memories with him. I know that his legacy will live on through his kids, grandkids, and all who came in touch w him!
Peace be with you always!
Jennifer, Ryan, and Tyler Cates