Mildred Elizabeth Warfield
November 22, 1925 – June 28, 2019
Mildred Elizabeth Warfield, Indianapolis, 93, Indiana passed away on Friday June 28, 2019. Mildred was born November 22, 1925 in Rushville, Indiana to the late Harry C. Smith and Viola (Eckell) Smith. Mildred loved to cook and was a fantastic dessert maker, especially her fudge. She also enjoyed dancing and trips to the casino.
Mildred is survived by her children, Norman Warfield (Joyce) of Morristown, Linda Smith (Tom) of Rushville, and Rosie Nickels of Indianapolis; sister, Carol Cox of Florida; grandchildren, Duane (Shannon) Smith, Lori (Chad) Newcomer, Darla Warfield, Shannon (Dave) Stauffer, Todd Warfield, Doug (Andrea) Warfield, Shelly (Craig) Pugh and Scott (Michelle) Nickels; and 16 great grandchildren.
Mildred was preceded in death by her parents and three siblings.
Visitation will be held on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM at Holy Spirit Catholic Church, 7243 E 10th St, Indianapolis, Indiana 46219. Her Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM at the church with burial to follow at Calvary Cemetery in Rushville at 2:00 PM.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Mildred's memory may be made to American Heart Association, 6500 Technology Center Dr, Zionsville, Indiana 46077, www.heart.org.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.feeneyhornakshadeland.com for the Warfield family.
- Rosie Nickels, Daughter
- Linda Smith, Daughter
- Norm Warfield, Son
- Tom Smith, Son-in-law
- Joyce Warfield, Daughter-in-law
- Duane (Shannon) Smith, Grandchild
- Lori (Chad) Newcomer, Grandchild
- Darla Warfield, Grandchild
- Shannon (Dave) Stauffer, Grandchild
- Todd Warfield, Grandchild
- Doug (Andrea) Warfield, Grandchild
- Shelly (Craig) Pugh, Grandchild
- Scott (Michelle) Nickels, Grandchild
- American Heart Association
- Visitation Tuesday, July 2, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Tuesday, July 2, 2019