William Henry Thompson
October 12, 1926 – February 16, 2020
William Henry Thompson, 93, of Indianapolis, Indiana entered into heaven in the early morning hours of February 16, 2020. William was born in Westmorland, Tennessee on October 12, 1926 to Velma (Carter) Thompson and Veston Thompson. He was a United States Army Veteran, serving two tours in the Philippines during World War II. At age 22, William met his wife, Lillie Mae (Cox) and married her on October 29, 1948, remaining married for 70 years.
He worked at Detroit Diesel Allison for over 30 years, retiring in 1982. He was a member of East Rawles Church of God.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; son, Glen Allen; daughter-in-law, Cara Thompson; granddaughter, Danielle Thompson; brothers, Joe, James, and Leon; and sisters, Margaret Thompson, Teola Strunk, and Eva Mae Hammock.
William is survived by his 4 children, sons, Bill, James (Merc), and Kenneth (Sharee) and daughter, Cheryl Finchum (David). He was blessed with 10 grandchildren, Dwayne, Danielle, Kristin, Brooke, Tina, and Kyle Thompson, Jodi Thorpe, and Christopher, Matthew, and Brent Finchum along with 18 great grandchildren.
Visitation will be held Thursday, February 27, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Little & Sons Funeral Home, 4901 E Stop Eleven Road, Indianapolis, Indiana followed by the Funeral Service at noon. He will be laid to rest in Cicero Cemetery, Cicero, Indiana.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.littleandsonsindianapolis.com for the Thompson family.
- Veston Thompson, Father (deceased)
- Velma (Carter) Thompson, Mother (deceased)
- Lillie Mae (Cox) Thompson, Wife (deceased)
- Glen Allen Thompson, Son (deceased)
- Cara Thompson, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Bill Thompson, Son
- James Thompson (Merc), Son
- Kenneth Thompson (Sharee), Son
- Cheryl Finchum (David), Daughter
- Dwayne Thompson, Grandchild
- Kristin Thompson, Grandchild
- Brooke Thompson, Grandchild
- Tina Thompson, Grandchild
- Kyle Thompson, Grandchild
- Jodi Thorpe, Grandchild
- Christopher Matthew Finchum, Grandchild
- Brent Finchum, Grandchild
- Danielle Thompson, Grandchild (deceased)
- Joe Thompson, Brother (deceased)
- James Thompson, Brother (deceased)
- Leon Thompson, Brother (deceased)
- Margaret Thompson, Sister (deceased)
- Teola Strunk, Sister (deceased)
- Eva Mae Hammock, Sister (deceased)
- and 18 great grandchildren.
- Visitation Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Funeral Service Thursday, February 27, 2020
William Henry Thompson
Brenda Winzenread. Cox
February 19, 2020
Uncle William we all will miss you so very much . Will always cherish all the the good time we had visiting you and aunt lillie for dinners and all family cook outside and hanging out in your off limits garage to kids lol. I love getting your empty cigar boxes for my school stuff I love you and will remember you always. Brenda.