Mr. Powell D Mahaffey
November 4, 1922 – May 4, 2018
Powell Mahaffey, 95, passed away on Friday, May 4, 2018 at his home in Clinton. Funeral services will be held at Lakewood Funeral Home on Monday, May 7, 2018 at 2:00 PM with visitation one hour prior. Interment will follow at Lakewood Memorial Park.
Powell was born on November 4, 1922 in Harrisville, MS. After graduating high school, he enlisted in the US Army where he served his country during WWII. After returning to the States, he and his brothers founded Mahaffey Quality Printing, which is still operating in Jackson today. Powell enjoyed life to the full every chance that he got. He loved to dance, garden, to play poker and bridge, and travel, but above all, he loved his family.
He is preceded in death by his first wife, Virginia Mahaffey; parents, Ance and Jean Matthews Mahaffey; son, Powell D Mahaffey, Jr.; brothers, Aubrey, Alton and Bob Mahaffey; sisters, Ruth Stark, Clayton Faubion, and Merle Lee Miller; and his grandson, Gabe Mahaffey.
Powell is survived by his wife of 16 and a half years, Patricia Mahaffey of Clinton; son, Art Mahaffey of Flora; daughter, Barbara Ashcraft (Wayne) of Raymond; step-children, Chris Williams of Jackson, Patrick Williams (Celeta) of Pearl, Stella Thompson of Clinton, and Erin Mahaffey (Bronson) of Flora; grandchildren, Robert and Bronson Mahaffey, Luke and Trudy Bell; step-grandchildren, Victoria, Samantha and Jesse Williams, McKayla and Elizabeth Thompson, and Ava Rose Mahaffey; 3 great grandchildren with 2 more on the way; and 2 great-great grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Legion Post 112.
Please visit lakewoodfunerahomes.com for online guestbook.
- Patricia Mahaffey, Wife
- Art Mahaffey, Son
- Barbara Ashcraft and husband Wayne, Daughter
- Chris Williams, Step-child
- Patrick Williams and wife Celeta, Step-child
- Stella Thompson, Step-child
- Erin Mahaffey and husband Bronson, Step-child
- He is also survived by his grandchildren, Robert and Bronson Mahaffey, Luke and Trudy Bell; step-grandchildren, Victoria, Samantha and Jesse Williams, McKayla and Elizabeth Thompson, and Ava Rose Mahaffey; 3 great grandchildren with 2 more on the way; and 2 great-great grandchildren.
- Visitation Monday, May 7, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, May 7, 2018
Mr. Powell D Mahaffey
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
May 6, 2018
We are going to miss you and all the good times we had. Thank you for including us in the poker, bridge and bingo games. We feel privileged to have known you and have you share your welcoming smile and hug with us.
You made a lot of people feel special . Your family was blessed because of you.
George and Caroline