Billy Neal Greer
January 23, 1935 – August 8, 2018
Billy Neal Greer, age 83 of Bemis, passed away on August 8, 2018 at the Tennessee State Veterans Home in Humboldt.
He was born on January 23, 1935 in Bemis, TN to the late George Greer and Blondell Thomason Greer Barham. Mr. Greer was a Retired Decorated War Veteran serving 22 years in the U.S. Army. After retirement from the military, he made his home in New Jersey and Tennessee. He was a beloved husband and father.
He was preceded in death by his parents, George Greer and Lorita Blondell Barham; his son, Steve Greer; brother, Kenny Barham; sister, Joyce Barham; and his beloved grandmother, Bertha Thomason.
He is survived by his loving wife, Rollene Greer of Bemis; four children, Milton “Mittie” Greer (Lori), Sheila Greer, Mark Greer (Kelly), and Tim Greer (Renee); seven grandchildren and one great grandchild.
The family will receive friends and loved ones at a visitation to be held on Friday, August 10, 2018 from 4-7 p.m. at the South Chapel of George A. Smith and Sons.
The funeral service is to be conducted on Satruday, August 11, 2018 at 2 p.m. in the South Chapel of George A. Smith and Sons with Bro. Jerry Welch officiating. Interment will follow with full military honors in Hollywood Cemetery.
The family has requested that memorials in Billy’s memory be directed to the Tennessee State Veterans Home in Humboldt, TN.
- Rollene P. Greer, Wife
- Milton "Mittie" Greer (Lori), Son
- Sheila Greer, Daughter
- Mark Greer (Kelly), Son
- Tim Greer (Renee), Son
- Seven Grandchildren and One Great Grandchild
- George Greer and Blondell Barham, Parents, Deceased
- Steve Greer, Son, Deceased
- Kenny Barham, Brother, Deceased
- Joyce Barham Harris, Sister, Deceased
- Bertha Thomason, Beloved Grandmother, Deceased
- Visitation with Friends and Loved Ones Friday, August 10, 2018
- The Funeral Service Saturday, August 11, 2018
Billy Neal Greer
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY