Reba Marie Ingram Dismuke
February 7, 1922 – July 8, 2019
Reba Marie Ingram Dismuke, age 97 of Jackson, passed away on Monday, July 8, 2019 at Bells Nursing Home in Bells, TN.
Marie was born on February 7, 1922 in Jackson to the late Kinnie C. Ingram and Martha Sue Moore Ingram. She was married to George Alexander "Alex" Dismuke. She was a long-time, active member of Parkview Baptist Church since 1943. She was an active participant in the founding of Bethany Chapel, a mission of Parkview Baptist Church which is now East Union Baptist Church. She and her husband Alex were teachers of the Fidelis Sunday School class at Parkview for over 60 years and they were the treasurers for 30+ years.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Alex Dismuke; daughter-in-law, Marilyn Lindsey Rose "Lin" Dismuke; brother, William Thomas Ingram and one sister, Colleen Moore Ingram Wood.
She is survived by her sons, Kinnie A. Dismuke (Janet) of Cumming, GA and Keith Ingram Dismuke of Germantown, TN; four grandchildren, Amy Seaton (Ken) of Adamsville, TN, Anna Jones (Dave) of Woodstock, GA, Craig Dismuke (Ashley) of Germantown, TN, and Leigh Guyton of Katy, TX; eight great grandchildren, Andy Seaton (Ruth), Amelia Seaton, Alex Seaton, Kayli Jones, Bryce Jones, Madison Dismuke, Lindsey Dismuke, and Ingram Dismuke.
The family will receive friends and loved ones on Sunday, July 14, 2019 from 5-7 p.m. in the North Chapel of George A. Smith and Sons.
The funeral service will be conducted on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 10 a.m. in the North Chapel of George A. Smith and Sons with Pastor Henry Richerson of Parkview Baptist Church officiating. Interment will follow in Highland Memorial Gardens.
Active pallbearers to serve will be Craig Dismuke, Andy Seaton, Alex Seaton, Del Ingram, Lt Col (ret) Charles A. (Butch) Rose, Ken Seaton, Dave Jones, Bryce Jones and Ingram Dismuke.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be directed to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital via giftfunds.stjude.org/rebamariedismuke.
- Kinnie A. Dismuke (Janet), Son
- Keith Ingram Dismuke, PhD, Son
- Amy Seaton (Ken), Granddaughter
- Anna Jones (Dave), Granddaughter
- Craig Dismuke (Ashley), Grandson
- Leigh Guyton, Granddaughter
- Andy Seaton (Ruth), Great Grandchild
- Amelia Seaton, Great Grandchild
- Alex Seaton, Great Grandchild
- Kayli Jones, Great Grandchild
- Bryce Jones, Great Grandchild
- Madison Dismuke, Great Grandchild
- Lindsey Dismuke, Great Grandchild
- Ingram Dismuke, Great Grandchild
- Kinnie C. and Martha Sue Moore Ingram, Parents, Deceased
- George Alexander "Alex" Dismuke, Husband, Deceased
- Marilyn Lindsey Rose "Lin" Dismuke, Daughter-In-Law, Deceased
- William Thomas Ingram, Brother, Deceased
- Colleen Ingram Wood, Sister, Deceased
- Craig Dismuke, Active Pallbearer
- Andy Seaton, Active Pallbearer
- Alex Seaton, Active Pallbearer
- Del Ingram, Active Pallbearer
- Lt. Col. (ret) Charles A. (Butch) Rose, Active Pallbearer
- Ken Seaton, Active Pallbearer
- Dave Jones, Active Pallbearer
- Ingram Dismuke, Active Pallbearer
- Bryce Jones, Active Pallbearer
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Visitation with Friends and Loved Ones Sunday, July 14, 2019
- The Funeral Service Monday, July 15, 2019
Reba Marie Ingram Dismuke
Reba Sue Wood-Fay
July 12, 2019
I’m going to miss you Aunt Re. The lord finally called you home where you’ll have no more pain and you’ll be rejoicing with Uncle Alex, Other Mama, and your brother and sister (my mom) Love ❤️ you,
Reba, your namesake