Herman Brooks Keeling
November 2, 1931 – May 11, 2018
Herman Brooks Keeling passed peacefully in his home at the age of 86 on Friday, May 11, 2018, with his family by his side. He was born November 2, 1931 in Clyattville, GA to Tom and Barnie Mae Keeling. He was a life-long resident of Jacksonville, FL. He married the love of his life, Juanita Keeling, on July 31, 1955.
Herman was a Korean War Veteran who served in the U.S. Navy for four years and retired from the finance industry (Citicorp) in 1994. He was an avid golfer who enjoyed fishing, camping, and spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Herman is survived by his wife of 63 years, Juanita Keeling, his two sons, Michael Keeling (Colleen) and D’Wayne “Skip” Keeling (Vickie), his 4 grandchildren, Ryan Keeling, Ashley Henry (Jhon), Travis Keeling (Emily), and Haley Keeling, 4 great-grandchildren, Braze Keeling, Stella Keeling, Ava Keeling and Gabriel Henry, and his sister, Janice Keeling. He was preceded in death by his parents, 4 brothers and 4 sisters.
A Visitation will be held at 11:00am Friday, May 18, 2018, followed by the Funeral Service at 12:00pm, at Greenlawn Chapel, 4300 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32207. Graveside services with Military Honors will follow at Greenlawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please send donations in Herman’s memory to Community Hospice of NE Florida, 4266 Sunbeam Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32257. Arrangements are under the care of Hardage-Giddens Greenlawn, 4300 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32207.
- Juanita Keeling, Wife
- Michael Keeling (Colleen), Son
- D"Wayne "Skip" Keeling (Vickie), Son
- 4 grandchildren, Ryan Keeling, Ashley Henry (Jhon), Travis Keeling (Emily), and Haley Keeling, 4 great-grandchildren, Braze Keeling, Stella Keeling, Ava Keeling and Gabriel Henry, and his sister, Janice Keeling.
- Community Hospice of Northeast Florida
- Visitation Friday, May 18, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, May 18, 2018
- Graveside Service with Military Services
Herman Brooks Keeling
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES