Linda Gail Ford
February 18, 1949 – October 23, 2019
Linda Gail Ford, age 70, of Johnson City, Tennessee, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at her residence. She was born in Washington County, Tennessee, a daughter of the late Walker Denver and Sarah Shipley Bays.
Linda was a Line Leader for Texas Instruments for 14 years. She was a member of Rich Acres Freewill Baptist Church where she was the food director and director of Seniors Ministry. Linda loved going to the beach, watching her family race at local tracks, taking church trips, spending time with her family and planning the big get togethers. She enjoyed having tea parties with her granddaughter Korbyn.
She is survived by her loving husband of 52 years, Wayne Ford; one son, Matthew Ford and wife Erika; one granddaughter, Korbyn Jade Ford; two brothers, Harley Bays and wife Joann, and Kenny Bays; one sister, Shelby Davis and husband Jack; and several nieces and nephews who were dear to her heart.
The family will receive friends Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM at Monte Vista Funeral Home. Funeral Service will follow at 6:00 PM with Pastor Kenneth Grindstaff and Pastor Tony Birchfield officiating. Committal Service and Entombment will be held Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM at Monte Vista Memorial Park. Pallbearers will be Matthew Ford, Chris Mosley, Tony Ford, Mick Ford, Randy Ford, and Samuel “Rat” Ford. Honorary pallbearers will be Bill Latham, Wayne Shipley, Charles White, and members of the Eddie Hartman Sunday School Class.
The family would like to extend a special thanks to Erika’s mother Karen Tolley for caring for Korbyn, and Ronnies Automotive Machine Matt’s work family for allowing him time off to be by Linda and Wayne’s side. Also to Judy Hensley, RN with Amedisys Hospice, and her Rich Acres Church family for all their love and care that was shown to Linda.
Arrangements especially for Mrs. Linda Gail Ford and her family have been made through Monte Vista Funeral Home & Memorial Park, 1900 E. Oakland Avenue, Johnson City, TN; 423-282-2631.
- the late Walker Denver Bays, Father (deceased)
- the late Sarah Shipley Bays, Mother (deceased)
- Wayne Ford, Husband
- Matthew Ford, Son
- Erika Ford, Daughter-in-law
- Korbyn Jade Ford, Granddaughter
- Harley Bays, Brother
- Joann Bays, Sister-in-law
- Kenny Bays, Brother
- Shelby Davis, Sister
- Jack Davis, Brother-in-law
- Mrs. Ford is also survived by several nieces and nephews.
- Matthew Ford, Active Pallbearer
- Chris Mosley, Active Pallbearer
- Tony Ford, Active Pallbearer
- Mick Ford, Active Pallbearer
- Randy Ford, Active Pallbearer
- Samuel "Rat" Ford, Active Pallbearer
- Bill Latham, Honorary Pallbearer
- Wayne Shipley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Charles White, Honorary Pallbearer
- Members of the Eddie Hartman Sunday School Class, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Committal Service & Entombment Sunday, October 27, 2019