Olga Ruth Tulisiak
January 11, 1926 – March 14, 2020
Olga Ruth Tulisiak was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on January 11, 1926. She spent her youth on the South Side of Pittsburgh where she met the love of her life and husband of nearly 70 years, John Tulisiak, who she married on November 5, 1949. Olga graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in nursing education, and taught obstetrical nursing at the University of Pittsburgh and Montefiore Hospital in Pittsburgh for many years.
Olga and John created and owned a mom and pop vacation resort at Conneaut Lake, a seasonal destination north of Pittsburgh. Their resort included lake cottages, a motel and the well-known Tully’s Tavern. “John and Olga” were a legend in this area for over 30 years and developed many friendships in their business over this time. Olga enjoyed many years in retirement with her husband at their homes in Westbrook, Connecticut and the Villas in Hobe Sound, Florida.
While teaching nursing and operating the business, Olga and John raised three sons who made careers in medicine, engineering, and law, and who she was very proud of. She was a tenacious worker, who valued servitude to her husband, her children, and her family. Olga was an amazing lady, loved dearly by all who knew her, and will be missed dearly.
Olga Tulisiak is survived by her sons, David (Terre) and Donald (Richelle); grandchildren, John, Daniel, Andrew, Stephen, Theresa, and Jennifer and a great-grandchild, Lucas.
She is preceded in death by her son, Dennis; her husband, John; her sister, Ann and her parents, Catherine and Charles.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be given to the American Heart Association.
- Mass of Christian Burial Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Committal Service following the Mass Saturday, March 21, 2020