Jo Ann Barber
June 6, 1934 – August 12, 2019
Jo Ann Barber passed away peacefully on August 12, 2019. She was born on June 6, 1934 in Humansville, MO, but lived most of her life in Kansas City, KS, moving to Kearney, MO in 1998. She married her beloved husband of 46 years, James R. (Bob) Barber on October 9, 1954. She worked in a school, a bank and as a hairdresser during her life, but her main focus was always home and family. Her life and home reflected her strong Christian faith.
Jo Ann will be remembered by her children and their spouses, James Robert (Patrice) Barber Jr., William (Michelle) Barber, Sara (Don) Truax, and Jana (Michael) Kill. She will also be remembered by her thirteen grandchildren, Brad, Adam, Rob, Connie, Matt, Ryan, Andy, Katie, Kevin, Bob, Kim, Kathy, and Amanda, as well as thirteen great-grandchildren. She is survived by her brothers, Jim and Gary McIntosh. Jo Ann was preceded in death by her husband James R. (Bob) Barber, her sister Judith Culbertson, and her brother Bill McIntosh.
A funeral service in memory of Jo Ann will be held on Friday August 16, 2019 at Chapel Hill - Butler Funeral Home, 701 N 94th St. Kansas City, KS 66112. Visitation will begin at 10:00am the funeral will follow at 11:30am.
The family suggests sending memorial contributions to The American Diabetes Association, P.O. Box 15829 Arlington, VA 22215. https://www.diabetes.org/donate
- James R Barber, Husband (deceased)
- Judith Culbertson, Sister (deceased)
- Bill McIntosh, Brother (deceased)
- James Robert Barber Jr, Son
- Patrice Barber, Daughter-in-law
- William Barber, Son
- Michelle Barber, Daughter-in-law
- Sara Truax, Daughter
- Don Truax, Son-in-law
- Jana Kill, Daughter
- Michael Kill, Son-in-law
- Jim McIntosh, Brother
- Gary McIntosh, Brother
- She will also be remembered by her thirteen grandchildren, Brad, Adam, Rob, Connie, Matt, Ryan, Andy, Katie, Kevin, Bob, Kim, Kathy, and Amanda, as well as thirteen great-grandchildren.
- Bradley Kill, Pallbearer
- James R. Barber III, Pallbearer
- Matthew Truax, Pallbearer
- Ryan Barber, Pallbearer
- Andrew Truax, Pallbearer
- Kevin Barber, Pallbearer
- The American Diabetes Association
- Visitation Friday, August 16, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, August 16, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, August 16, 2019
Jo Ann Barber
August 14, 2019
Dear Jim, Bill, Sara, Jana and Families, thinking of all of you at this time with love and prayers. I know Aunt Jo is at peace now with Uncle Bob. Remember the love, smiles, hugs and tears. Love, Christina