Betty Jo Howes
March 25, 1925 – July 6, 2018
Betty Jo Howes, of Lawson, Missouri passed away on Friday, July 6, 2018 at Liberty Hospital.
She was 93 years old. Betty was born on March 25, 1925 in Estella, Oklahoma to Robert and Grace (Barks) Whiteaker. After graduation from high school in 1943, Betty worked at Douglas Air Craft in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 1945 she married William H. Howes, and together had John R. Howes.
After WWII ended Betty worked at Bendix Corporation for 35 years. She was a member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace workers. Betty made her home in Lawson, Missouri after she retired. She became a member of Lawson Assembly of God Church in 1989 until her death.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents and her husband. Betty leaves behind her beloved son John R. Howes, and his wife Carolyn S. Howes. Grandchildren John M. Howes and his wife Tonya J. Howes, and granddaughter Regina K. Howes-Walden. Great-grandchildren Reiss A. Walden, Morgan G. Walden, Ashton P. Walden, Dylan M. Howes, Madeleine B. Howes and Hailey J. Howes.
A Visitation will be held from 12:00pm to 1:00pm on Thursday, July 12th followed by a 1:00pm Funeral Service at the Lawson Assembly of God Church, 527 West 6th Street, Lawson, Missouri 64062. Burial will follow at Mount Moriah Cemetery South, 10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64131.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.mtmoriah.net for the Howes family.
- Robert Whiteaker (deceased), Father
- Grace (Barks) Whiteaker (deceased), Mother
- William H. Howes (deceased), Husband
- John R. Howes, Son
- Carolyn S. Howes, Daughter-in-law
- John M. Howes, Grandson
- Tonya J. Howes, Granddaughter-in-law
- Regina K. Howes-Walden, Granddaughter
- Reiss A. Walden, Great Grandchild
- Morgan G. Walden, Great Grandchild
- Ashton P. Walden, Great Grandchild
- Dylan M. Howes, Great Grandchild
- Madeleine B. Howes, Great Grandchild
- Hailey J. Howes, Great Grandchild
- Visitation Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, July 12, 2018