Mt. Moriah, Newcomer and Freeman Funeral Home & Mount Moriah Cemetery South
10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO
June 20, 1936 – November 5, 2019
Ivory Chester Rollie, 83, of Kansas City, Missouri passed away on November 5, 2019.
Chester Rollie was born June 20, 1936 in Blackton, Arkansas. He was an avid walker, loved to exercise, garden, and swim. He loved to cook and catch fish, especially catfish. He was an amateur photographer and enjoyed showing his photos. Chester worked for several years as a chef at Italian Gardens in Downtown Kansas City. Bid Whist was one of his favorite card game he loved to play. Chester was a member of Swope Parkway Church of Christ where his whole family also attended.
He was preceded in death by his parents Quinton & Lilly Mae Rollie, uncle Hubert Rollie, sisters Rosedie Henry and Alvia Faye Wrice, brother Triphinue Rollie, half-brother Quinton Rollie, Jr., uncles Nev Rollie, Coatney Rollie & Chester Rollie, and aunts Odessa Henry, Mary Brooks & Rachel Armstrong.
He is survived by his wife of 56 years Francia Rollie, a daughter Terri Rollie, sister Birdie Wilborn, and brothers Jerry Rollie & Harry Rollie, sister Christine Price, step-brother Lee Davis, brother-in-law Rahn (Susan) Gregory, nephews Grayson (Sam) Walker and children, David and his wife and their children, and his brother-in-law Larry (Carol) Dillard and their family.
A Visitation will be held from 9:00am to 11:00am followed by an 11:00am Funeral Service on Wednesday, November 13 at Swope Parkway Church of Christ at 5620 Swope Parkway Boulevard, Kansas City, Missouri. Burial will follow in Mount Moriah Cemetery South at 10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Quinton Rollie (deceased), Father
- Lilly Mae Rollie (deceased), Mother
- Rosedie Henry (deceased), Sister
- Alvia Faye Wrice (deceased), Sister
- Triphinue Rollie (deceased), Brother
- Quinton Rollie, Jr. (deceased), Half-brother
- Hubert Rollie (deceased), Uncle
- Nev Rollie (deceased), Uncle
- Coatney Rollie (deceased), Uncle
- Chester Rollie (deceased), Uncle
- Odessa Henry (deceased), Aunt
- Mary Brooks (deceased), Aunt
- Rachel Armstrong (deceased), Aunt
- Francia Rollie, Wife of 56 years
- Terri Rollie, Daughter
- Birdie Wilborn, Sister
- Jerry Rollie, Brother
- Harry Rollie, Brother
- Christine Price, Sister
- Lee Davis, Step-brother
- Rahn (Susan) Gregory, Brother-in-law
- Grayson (Sam) Walker, Nephew
- David, his wife and their children, Nephew
- Larry (Carol) Dillard and their family, Brother-in-law
- Barry Gainey, Pallbearer
- Dennis Henry, Pallbearer
- Jerry Rollie, Jr., Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Committal Service Wednesday, November 13, 2019