October 18, 1930 – August 7, 2018
GERALDINE “GERRY” NORRIS, 87, Gladstone, passed away Aug. 7, 2018.
Services are Saturday, August 11 at St Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, 800 Shady Lane, Gladstone, with Visitation from 9:00 to 10:00 AM (Rosary at 9:45) and Mass at 10:00 AM. Burial will follow at Resurrection North, Kansas City, MO.
Gerry was born October 18, 1930 to Bonaventure and Josephine (Unrein) Brungardt in Hays, KS. She grew up in Fulton, KS, and after high school graduated from Mercy School of Nursing in Fort Scott, KS in 1951. She worked as a registered nurse at North Kansas City Hospital until retirement in 1981.
She married Clinton “Bud” Norris in 1951 and moved to the Kansas City area in 1957. Together they raised eight children. She was a devoted church member and lay minister who was very active in the Catholic Cursillo. She enjoyed her time in the Red Hat Society. Above all, she was passionate about her family.
Gerry is preceded in death by her parents; her beloved husband, Bud; and sisters Janice Fitzgerald and Wilma Linville. Survivors include her children: Debbie (Gene) Ornellas of Lemoore, CA, Linda (Greg) Comfort of Blue Springs, Mike Norris, Pam Norris of Gladstone, Pat (Phil) Rinehart of Kearney, MO, Teresa (Stan) Watson of Gladstone, Greg (Cindy) Norris of Gladstone, Stan Norris of Kansas City, MO; twelve grandchildren, ten great-grandchildren and one great-great grandchild; brothers BJ Brungardt and Larry Brungardt; and numerous nieces, nephews and friends.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to the Catholic Cursillo, 1406 Derryhale, Smithville, MO 64089, or Catholic Charities Hospice, 9740 W 87th Street, Overland Park, KS 66212. Arrangements are under the direction of McGilley Antioch Chapel, 3325 NE Vivion Road, Kansas City, MO 64119, 816-453-7700.
- Debbie (Gene) Ornellas of Lemoore, CA, Daughter
- Linda (Greg) Comfort of Blue Springs, MO, Daughter
- Mike Norris, Son
- Pam Norris of Gladstone, MO, Daughter
- Pat (Phil) Rinehart of Kearney, MO, Daughter
- Teresa (Stan) Watson of Gladstone, MO, Daughter
- Greg (Cindy) Norris of Gladstone, MO, Son
- Stan Norris of Kansas City, MO, Son
- BJ Brungardt, Brother
- Larry Brungardt, Brother
One great-great grandchild
Numerous nieces, nephews and friends
- Justin Comfort, Pallbearer
- Matthew Comfort, Pallbearer
- Chad Comfort, Pallbearer
- Travis Comfort, Pallbearer
- Nicholas Norris, Pallbearer
- Alex Norris, Pallbearer
1406 Derryhale, Smithville, MO 64089
Catholic Charities Hospice
9740 W 87th Street, Overland Park , Kansas 66212
- Visitation Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Rosary Service Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Commital Service Saturday, August 11, 2018