Howard Walter Hines
January 19, 1928 – May 7, 2020
Howard Walter Hines, age 92, of Kansas City, MO passed away peacefully on Thursday, May 7,2020. Howard was born on January 19, 1928 to parents John and Myrtle Hines in Brimfield, Illinois. He was the oldest of three children.
Howard met the love of his life, Mary Ludolph in 1947. They were married two years later at Saint Mary’s Catholic Church in Kickapoo, IL. Upon his discharge from the Air Force and after completing his degree at Parks Aeronautical College, the family relocated to Kansas City in 1956. They were blessed with 5 children and were married for 70 years.
Howard was an aeronautical engineer and began working with TWA in 1956 and retired after 37 years. He enjoyed aviation, gardening, photography, traveling and the family fishing trips to Minnesota. Howard was dedicated to his family and friends and was always there to lend a helping hand.
Howard is survived by his children: Mike Hines (Vickie), Lori Palmer (Jim), Bruce Hines (Jeanie), Tina Branstetter (Rick), Steve Hines; his sister: Esther Killeen; 12 grandchildren, 20 Great-grandchildren, 35 nieces and nephews and numerous great nieces and nephews.
Howard was preceded in death by his Wife Mary, his parents, John and Myrtle Hines, his Aunt, Irma Flickinger, his brother, Willis and his grandson Mark Branstetter
Visitation will be Wednesday May 13, 5:00 -7:00 pm, with Graveside Service Thursday, May 14, 11:45 am - 12:15 pm. A Celebration of Life Mass will be held at a later date at Holy Family Catholic Church.
Contributions suggested to be made in his memory to Alzheimer’s Association or Holy Family Catholic Church.
- Mike (Vickie) Hines, Son
- Lori (Jim) Palmer, Daughter
- Bruce (Jeanie) Hines, Son
- Tina (Rick) Branstetter, Daughter
- Steve Hines, Son
- Esther Killeen, Sister
- Mary Hines (Deceased), Wife
- John and Myrtle Hines (Deceased), Parents
- Willis Hines (Deceased), Brother
- Irma Flickinger (Deceased), Aunt
- Mark Branstetter (Deceased), Grandson
- 12 Grandchildren, 20 Great-grandchildren, 35 nieces and nephews and numerous great nieces and nephews
Learn more about the Hines name
- Jason Hines, Pallbearer
- John Hines, Pallbearer
- John Smith, Pallbearer
- Joshua Green, Pallbearer
- Michael Branstetter, Pallbearer
- Chris Branstetter, Pallbearer
- Rachael Thompson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Diana Hines, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jessica Palmer, Honorary Pallbearer
- Steven Hines, Honorary Pallbearer
- Joshua Hines, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mark Branstetter, Honorary Pallbearer
- Alzheimer's Association
- Holy Family Catholic Church
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Howard Walter Hines
May 11, 2020
My sincere sympathies to the Hines family.
Tina, my best friend and confidant, you are in my heart and know that if you need anything, I am here for you.
Your dad was one of the best people in the world. Patient, kind, funny, loving, the list goes on and on.
Heaven has receive two angels in the last few months and I know that they will be watching over their family and friends.