John Robert Loyd
June 24, 1931 – May 26, 2018
John Robert Loyd, 86, Kansas City North, passed away May 26, 2018 at Ashton Court in Liberty, MO.
A visitation is from 6-8 PM Friday, June 1st at the McGilley Antioch Chapel. Graveside services 1:00 PM Saturday, June 2nd, at the Oak Ridge Memory Gardens, Independence, MO. Contributions suggested to Disabled American Veterans.
John was born June 24, 1931 to Dave and Sarah (Sparks) Loyd in Grand Pass, MO. He was raised in Clinton, MO and lived in Kansas City since 1956. John was an Army Veteran of the Korean Conflict. He married Betty I. Duncan on April 6, 1956. John worked for Armco Steel for 28 years. He loved playing horse shoes and played in many tournaments. John was preceded in death by his parents and wife.
Survivors include 4 children, Tom Loyd and wife, Marie, Roy Loyd and fiancée, Raelene, Vickie Hundley and husband, Raymond, and Russell Loyd and wife, Amy; brother, Eugene Loyd; several grandchildren and many great grandchildren.
- Tom Loyd and wife, Marie, Son
- Ron Loyd and fiancee, Raelene, Son
- Vickie Hundley and husband, Raymond, Daughter
- Russell Loyd and wife, Amy, Son
- Eugene Loyd, Brother
- Betty I. Duncan Loyd (Deceased), Wife
- Several grandchildren and many great grandchildren
- Russell Loyd, Pallbearer
- Raymond Boulay, Pallbearer
- James Hundley, Pallbearer
- Michael Hundley, Pallbearer
- Stephen Yates, Pallbearer
- Chris Weisbach, Pallbearer
- Disabled American Veterans
- Visitation Friday, June 1, 2018
- Graveside Service Saturday, June 2, 2018
John Robert Loyd
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
June 1, 2018
My condolences to the Loyd family.