Laurel Murriel Witt
February 25, 1929 – September 12, 2018
Laurel Witt passed away Wednesday, September 12, 2018 in Jefferson Health Care Center at age of 89 years old.
She was born February 25, 1929 in Willow Springs, Missouri to Howard Green and Sarah (Adkins) Green.
Laurel attended school in Willow Springs, Missouri. In 1947 she was married to James Witt and to this union two children were born. She grew up in Willow Springs and raised her family in Kansas City, Missouri. She also lived in California and Texas. She worked at Nelly Don while raising her two daughters.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James, in 1977, her parents and two sisters.
Laurel is survived by two daughters, Edna (Dena) Bartholomew and husband, Greg (Bart) of Arkansas and Pearl Elaine Witt of Kansas City, Missouri; 2 sisters, Vada May and Karen Smith; 1 brother James Green; 9 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and 22 great-great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be held at 1:00 pm Saturday, September 15 at Elliot-Gentry-Carder Funeral Home, 527 Cedar Avenue, Cabool, Missouri and then Graveside Committal Services will take place at Pine Grove Cemetery, 1765 County Road 5800, Willow Springs, Missouri at 2:30pm, with Minister Joel Hinds officiating.
Serving as Pallbearers will be David Patience, Robert Patience, Joshua Patience, Kris Mackesty, James O'Sullivan, Jake O'Sullivan, and Thomas O'Sullivan. Honorary pallbearers are James Green and Robert May.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.mtmoriah.net for the Witt family.
- Howard Green (deceased), Father
- Sarah (Adkins) Green (deceased), Mother
- James Witt (deceased), Husband
- Edna (Dena) Bartholomew, Daughter
- Greg (Bart) Bartholomew, Son-in-law
- Pearl Elaine Witt, Daughter
- Vada May, Sister
- Karen Smith, Sister
- James Green, Brother
- Nine (9), Grandchildren
- Seventeen (17), Great-grandchildren
- Twenty-two (22), Great-great-grandchildren
- David Patience, Pallbearer
- Robert Patience, Pallbearer
- Joshua Patience, Pallbearer
- Kris Mackesty, Pallbearer
- James O'Sullivan, Pallbearer
- Jake O'Sullivan, Pallbearer
- Thomas O'Sullivan, Pallbearer
- James Green, Honorary Pallbearer
- Robert May, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, September 15, 2018
- Committal Service Saturday, September 15, 2018