Mt. Moriah, Newcomer and Freeman Funeral Home & Mount Moriah Cemetery South
10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO
Mildred Irene Newsome
January 13, 1928 – August 12, 2019
Mildred Irene (Bridgewater) Newsome, 91, of Adrian, Missouri, passed away on August 12, 2019.
She was born on January 13, 1928. She was born in Hopkins, Missouri, the youngest of 11 children to Roy and Bertha Bridgewater. After working several years in Springfield, Missouri at a department store beauty shop, she married Charles Nathaniel Newsome on December 26, 1952. They moved to Kansas City in 1953 and started a family. For many years, Mildred and Charles enjoyed bowling on church leagues. They were also very involved in volunteer work at their church. Mildred enjoyed crossword puzzles as well as cooking. She also loved bird watching.
Mildred was preceded in death by her parents, siblings, and loving husband of 63 years. She is survived by her daughter Patty Ann Ward and husband Mark; son Robert Nathaniel Newsome and wife Ann; son Kenneth Lee Newsome and wife Julie; grandchildren Kelly and husband Michael Pratte; Debbie and husband David Maxwell, Shawn Newsome and wife Delaina, Heather and husband Jerry Gibbs, Ashley and husband Travis Colster, Stephanie and husband Tyler Moberg; Michelle and husband Mike Anderson; and twelve great-grandchildren.
A Visitation will be held from 2:00pm to 3:00pm followed by Funeral Service at 3:00pm Thursday, August 15, at Mt. Moriah, Newcomer & Freeman Funeral Home, 10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, Missouri. Burial in Mt. Moriah Cemetery.
- Roy Bridgewater (deceased), Father
- Bertha Bridgewater (deceased), Mother
- Her Ten (10) Siblings, deceased
- Charles Nathaniel Newsome (deceased), Husband of 63 years
- Patty Ann (Mark) Ward, Daughter
- Robert Nathaniel (Ann) Newsome, Son
- Kenneth Lee (Julie) Newsome, Son
- Kelly (Michael) Pratte, Granddaughter
- Debbie (David) Maxwell, Granddaughter
- Shawn (Delaina) Newsome, Grandson
- Heather (Jerry) Gibbs, Granddaughter
- Ashley (Travis) Colster, Granddaughter
- Stephanie (Tyler) Moberg, Granddaughter
- Michelle (Mike) Anderson, Granddaughter
- Twelve (12), Great-grandchildren
- Mark Ward, Pallbearer
- Robert Newsome, Pallbearer
- Ken Newsome, Pallbearer
- Michael Pratte, Pallbearer
- David Maxwell, Pallbearer
- Shawn Newsome, Pallbearer
- Jerry Gibbs, Pallbearer
- Travis Colster, Pallbearer
- Tyler Moberg, Pallbearer
- Mike Anderson, Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Committal Service Thursday, August 15, 2019
Mildred Irene Newsome
August 14, 2019
Mildred (Bridgewater) Newsome was my father's youngest sister. My wife and I always enjoyed our visits with Charles and Mildred. It was Charles who got me interested and on the path to becoming an engineer. Family was always important to them and I will always remember the yearly reunion/dinner at my grandmother's with all the brothers and sisters and their families when I was younger. I will greatly miss Mildred and our yearly visits with her. I pray for her's and Charles' family in this time of loss.