Mt. Moriah, Newcomer and Freeman Funeral Home & Mount Moriah Cemetery South
10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO
Velma V. Hall
September 11, 1926 – July 1, 2019
Velma V. Hall, 92, of Independence, Missouri, passed away on July 1, 2019.
Velma was born on September 11, 1926 in Rosedale, Kansas. She was an avid stock car enthusiast in the early 1950’s. She was also an avid basketball player and played in a women’s league. Velma loved bowling. She worked for, and retired from, the King Louie Bowling Corporation from 1968-1984. She was the first women ever advanced to a management position in the company. After her retirement, Velma devoted her time to her family, especially her grandson, John.
Velma was preceded in death by her mother, Ina Mae Selvy, brothers Keith, Allen, Robert and Tommy Cockrell and her sister Betty Provence. She is survived by her daughter, Teresa Tatro of Blue Springs, Missouri and her grandson John Silvestre, Grain Valley, Missouri.
A Visitation will take place from 12:00pm to 1:00pm followed by a 1:00pm Funeral Service on Saturday, July 6 at Mt. Moriah, Newcomer & Freeman Funeral Home, 10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, Missouri. Burial will follow in Mount Moriah Cemetery.
- John S. Cockrell (deceased), Father
- Ina Mae Selvy (deceased), Mother
- Keith Cockrell (deceased), Brother
- Allen Cockrell (deceased), Brother
- Robert Cockrell (deceased), Brother
- Tommy Cockrell (deceased), Brother
- Betty Provence (deceased), Sister
- Teresa Tatro, Daughter
- John Silvestre, Grandson
- John Silvestre, Pallbearer
- Wayne Tatro, Pallbearer
- Danny Cockrell, Pallbearer
- Don Dyer, Pallbearer
- Donald Dyer, Pallbearer
- Danny Dyer, Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Burial Saturday, July 6, 2019