Mt. Moriah, Newcomer and Freeman Funeral Home & Mount Moriah Cemetery South
10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO
Wilma C. Flansburg
August 12, 1923 – July 1, 2019
Wilma C. Flansburg, 95, of Independence, Missouri passed away on July 1, 2019 at St. Luke’s Hospital East in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
Wilma was born in Louisiana, Missouri on August 12, 1923 to Dawson and Ethel (Esterbrook) Henry. She previously lived in Louisiana, Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri and Orlando, Florida.
She worked for H.D. Lee’s, Nelly Don, Western Electric and AT&T. She was a member of the Southwestern Bell Pioneers, Ladies of the Shrine, Ararat Oriental Band Auxiliary, Casbac Darlings and American Legion Auxiliary. She was also a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Louisiana, Missouri.
Wilma loved to travel, fish and being with friends and relatives from coast to coast.
Wilma was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Vern Dean, her sister Kathryn (Jim) Whitfield, three brothers Dawson Henry, Jr., Bill Henry and Oscar “Babe” (Betty) Henry.
Wilma is survived by her son Gary (Joyce) Flansburg of Pleasant Hill, Missouri, beloved friend Al Stewart, her sister-in-law Annie Henry of Brewster, New York, two granddaughters Mindy (Craig) Jones of Louisville, Kentucky and Jennifer (Jimmy) Lyons of Kingsville, Missouri, three great-grandchildren Garrett, Gannon and Everlee Lyons, and other loving nieces, nephews, family & friends.
A Visitation will take place from 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Friday, July 5 at Mt. Moriah, Newcomer & Freeman Funeral Home, 10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, Missouri. A Funeral Service will be held at 10:00am on Saturday, July 6 at the funeral home. A Ladies of the Oriental Shrine Service will follow and then Entombment & Committal will follow in the Faith Mausoleum at Mount Moriah Cemetery.
The family requests that memorial contributions be made in Wilma’s name to Camp Del-Haven, 887 NW 1901st Road, Lone Jack, Missouri 64070; a Christian camp for children.
- Dawson Henry (deceased), Father
- Ethel Henry (deceased), Mother
- Vern Dean Flansburg (deceased), Husband
- Kathryn (Jim) Whitfield (deceased), Sister
- Dawson Henry Jr. (deceased), Brother
- Bill Henry (deceased), Brother
- Oscar "Babe" (Betty) Henry (deceased), Brother
- Gary (Joyce) Flansburg, Son
- Al Stewart, Beloved Friend
- Annie Henry, Sister-in-law
- Mindy (Craig) Jones, Granddaughter
- Jennifer (Jimmy) Lyons, Granddaughter
- Many other loving Nieces, Nephews, Family & Friends, ...
- Larry Flansburg
- Larry May
- Craig Jones
- Jimmy Lyons
- Jerry Grimes
- Visitation Friday, July 5, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Ladies of the Oriental Shrine Service Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Committal Service Saturday, July 6, 2019
Wilma C. Flansburg
July 4, 2019
Wilma, MY IDOL , I will miss you and your humor,beautiful smile and I will always remember the fun times we've had ! God truly got a beautiful Angel last Monday 💝💝